MERGED QUESTION Question from tjackz91 : "USB drive not recognized"
When I plug up thumb drives into my pc nothing happens. PC doesnt even try to recognize them. I noticed when pluggin up other usb devices they only recognize after I restart my pc. How do I make it so my pc will recognize usb upon it being plugged in.
1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager".
2. Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section.
3. Double-click on the "USB Root Hub device".
4. Now click the "Power Management" tab.
5. Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
6. Click the "OK" button.
NOTE: If there is more than one "USB Root Hub device" listed, Then you will have to repeat this steps for each one of them.
7. Restart the computer and all the ports should work now.