Usb port drivers, touchpad and internet adapter driver does not work in win10/7 dual boot

Feb 10, 2018
Please Help, i dual booted windows 7/10 without a flash drive by simply creating a partition and running the setup files in windows 10(primary os) and installing them to the 'E:' Partition, i could use my keyboard, but it does not have my touchpad driver, usb port drivers and wifi adapter driver installed and i cannot use them, somehow i got through the setup without having to use the mouse, i tried installing them by going into windows 10 and dragging the driver to the desktop on my 'E:' partition and by clicking the letter the file started with i managed to get it open by pressing enter and i clicked setup and it says it is not compatible, i need windows 7 for some programs that will not run in windows 10 (compatibility mode works, but it is very glitchy and most of the features are missing.) I would much appreciate your guys' help, thank you.

Solution

I disagree. Install Windows 7 properly (ie from external boot media). It's never going to work properly the way you've done it. Win10 drivers cannot be used on Win7, it's as simple as that.

Install Win7 in the proper manner, then boot in to Win7 & install any required Win7 drivers from laptop maker's website (assuming they have any Win7 drivers for your model - - - if Win7 isn't supported on that model, well that would explain why some devices aren't working.

Always, especially with laptops, it's essential to check which Windows versions are supported before changing or adding an OS. You can't just install...

I disagree. Install Windows 7 properly (ie from external boot media). It's never going to work properly the way you've done it. Win10 drivers cannot be used on Win7, it's as simple as that.

Install Win7 in the proper manner, then boot in to Win7 & install any required Win7 drivers from laptop maker's website (assuming they have any Win7 drivers for your model - - - if Win7 isn't supported on that model, well that would explain why some devices aren't working.

Always, especially with laptops, it's essential to check which Windows versions are supported before changing or adding an OS. You can't just install Win7 and expect it to be compatible if laptop shipped with Win10 pre-installed.

Solution