usb ports and audio not working

bwayer

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
well i am a stooge! i was trying to fix no sound and no usb recognition in my gateway laptop. all of a sudden the usb wireless mouse stopped working and no thumb drives will work in any ports. Secondly the speakers stopped working (maybe unrelated0

like a dummy i removed my speakers and now i cant figure out how to reinstall. I have windows 7

thank you all very much in advance for your help and happy new year

bwayer

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

yes it does thank you for the reply. Sorry i shouldve given more info. This is a gateway laptop (i know i need a new one ha) still runs great though. windows 7 is my op system. it has 3 usb ports. all three do not recognize anything plugged into them. I found how to get my speaker software back however it is still doing the same thing. If i open the speaker up it shows sound going up and down i just can not hear it either through headphones or without. I made sure everything is not on mute and ran the windows troubleshooting and nothing found. DO you think maybe i need a new sound card?

bwayer

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

thank you for the response. i noticed this 2 weeks ago. I can not find any of my drives, no sd no usb. no volume.

No i did not try a system restore. Do you think that may help>? thank you

bwayer

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

Thanks bud! Dumb question before i try will i lose any files or saved stuff when i do this?