PoPFly510

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
Hi everybody

So I've got a virus on my USB where everytime I wan't to access my files a Shortcut of my USB appears where my files are stored. I found out that this is a virus and it seems pretty hard to get rid of it. I've used the attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* command that you type in in cmd to remove that virus, but the thing is it recovers everytime I plug my USB to my computer and when I remove the virus and plug the USB on my laptop it's all fine. Is there anything I can do to remove that virus from my computer or I have to reinstall my OS? Btw, I have a Antivirus program and I've tryed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware too.

PoPFly510

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
It did find, and it protected me from it, the thing is as I said the USB can be cleaned, but there is something on my computer that recovers the virus to my USB back again everytime I plug it in. I could reinstall my OS, but was curious is there any other option.

PoPFly510

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
After I installed Avast,that you suggested, it everytime recognizes a virus. I clean the stick, replug the USB and the same thing again. Something is not okay and it seems I will have to reinstall my OS

PoPFly510

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
There was a shortcut to my USB in my USB, I've deleted it but it came over and over again, and when I was opening files that aren't in that shortcut file (word file for example) it said something like "File not found" and redirect me to that shortcut location where my word file was and that I could access from there. I was curious why is that and searched on the Internet and discovered that this is a virus (trojan horse generic_r.eya I think that's how it was called). It's all fine now, I've isolated the virus from my USB and reinstalled my OS.
Thank you for trying to help me, hope I didn't wasted your time.

Rostox

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
I had just the same problem with my usb pendrive. Try to remove it with: http://malwareprotectioncenter.com/2015/07/08/shortcut-virus/ . Avast and AVG will not help you. It is for sure.