Usb tethering without mobile data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swazzie

Commendable
May 5, 2016
I am trying to get cardboard to work on my computer, and I need to enable usb tethering... I do not have a Sim card at the moment.. is there a way to tether my phone to my pc without mobile data? I try just clicking the usb tethering but it says "please connect to a mobile Internet to access the mobile network settings"

Solution
If you are wanting your computer to access the internet via your phone, then you would need data on the phone. However if you have internet on the computer, and want to access it on the phone, you could. Just do it via WiFi. I do it all the time.

Turn the router/modem WiFi on, then access that through the phone. Then whenever you are around that internet WiFi you can do most things on the phone via the WiFi connection.

Now if you are wanting to play something on your computer, that only runs on a phone, that is a different story.
If you are wanting your computer to access the internet via your phone, then you would need data on the phone. However if you have internet on the computer, and want to access it on the phone, you could. Just do it via WiFi. I do it all the time.

Turn the router/modem WiFi on, then access that through the phone. Then whenever you are around that internet WiFi you can do most things on the phone via the WiFi connection.

Now if you are wanting to play something on your computer, that only runs on a phone, that is a different story.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.