USB to bluetooth longer range than a car! Help a teacher!

Sarah_77

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
So I am in a pickle.
The only aux input in my stereo system in the gym at my school is a USB in. I need to connect wirelessly to my ipad though. I found a cheap USB audio /bluetooth adapter (meant for cars that have a usb aux) and it works okay for a short distance, but I need something with a longer range.

I was looking at Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver - which gave me the distance I need, but it only accepts 3.5mm and rca outputs.

So my questions:
1) Is there a Bluetooth receiver that has a USB output, and has a longer range.
2) Is there a way to convert my "usb in" on the stereo to become a standard line in or RCA (like an adapter?) so that I can use the Audioengine bluetooth?

I have a standard Yamaha CD player with USB input (no 3.5mm line in) in my wall.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Theres an app Airstream looks like it can be used on Android for an Apple TV

AirStream allows you to send music and audio from your Android to any AirPlay-enabled receiver. As the Apple TV itself is an AirPlay-enabled receiver, this is a great way to get your audio from some of your favorite apps

And AppleTV AirPlay Media Player

PaulBlack

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
there are class 1 and class 2 bluetooth devices class one is 100m 2 is 10-20m
(there is a 3 that is 1m but thats never used. )
Unfortunately these are for transmitting not receiving. and you cannot change the range on the ipad its a class 2 .

Sarah_77

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1074768-REG/audioengine_b1_premium_bluetooth_music_receiver.html
This said it had a 100m receiving range. Another school uses it and it works great - but they have a 3.5mm input and all I have is a USB input.

PaulBlack

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

PaulBlack

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

Sarah_77

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

I have a bluetooth speaker, but our new gym came with professional speakers - mounted in the ceiling and able to crank sound.
I'd really like a solution which would allow me to connect to them!

Sarah_77

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

I can play a cd, but the iphone/bluetooth solution allows me to be mobile with the students, and not have to run back and forth to the CD player in the storage closet everytime I want to start and stop the music.

Sarah_77

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

Interesting idea, but the other P.E. teacher has an android. Also the HDMI out probably can't work - we just have a USB to work with.

Paul NZ

Admirable
Theres an app Airstream looks like it can be used on Android for an Apple TV

AirStream allows you to send music and audio from your Android to any AirPlay-enabled receiver. As the Apple TV itself is an AirPlay-enabled receiver, this is a great way to get your audio from some of your favorite apps

And AppleTV AirPlay Media Player

Solution