Use external monitor to access BIOS on laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kielly32

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
Heres my problem. I have a HDMI connection to my tv and a VGA to my monitor. My current laptop screen is broke and is also taken off the laptop all together. Same with my keyboard, using a usb keyboard and the laptop keyboard is dis-assembled from the laptop (no access to FN keys). My problem is when I start my laptop the external displays do not show anything until the login window. How can I fix this. I want to install windows 8 and get rid of this old windows 7 crap lol.

darkbreeze

Honorable
You can start the install from within windows, that should not be a problem. Once the install begins basic driver function should be available so that the USB keyboard will function so long as it's not a wireless USB device, and maybe then in some cases.

Simply insert the installation media and begin the install from within windows 7. I would suggest using the CLEAN install method so no remnants of 7 remain. Ignore the first parts at the following tutorial that relate to initiating the install and follow the steps once the install begins.

Clean install windows 8: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2299-clean-install-windows-8-a.html

darkbreeze

Honorable
You can start the install from within windows, that should not be a problem. Once the install begins basic driver function should be available so that the USB keyboard will function so long as it's not a wireless USB device, and maybe then in some cases.

Simply insert the installation media and begin the install from within windows 7. I would suggest using the CLEAN install method so no remnants of 7 remain. Ignore the first parts at the following tutorial that relate to initiating the install and follow the steps once the install begins.

Clean install windows 8: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2299-clean-install-windows-8-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
darren12341234 Laptop Tech Support 1
kho_ Laptop Tech Support 0
AhToki Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 0