Solved! USIM on the side of My laptop

bernard_18

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I just got a new NoteBook Computer N155RD1 and it has a slot for a usim card and the wwansvc is running, can I get a sim card and use it?

Ah. I see now. Thank you for the link. You should be able to then get a SIM/USIM and use it with the laptop. However, you would have to pay then for the service. Just like you would for a phone or tablet. Where as you could just use your home WiFi, or other free WiFi to avoid such costs.

bernard_18

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

No, I went into the services and wwan is active and running and it says WWAN Autoconfig, this service manages mobile broadband GSM & CDMA data card/embedded modules adapters by auto configuring the networks.

bernard_18

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

http://www.pro-star.com/index.php?r=index/download&model=N155RD1%2FN155RF1%2FN170RD1%2FN170RF1#file, just download the manual and go to page 183/292. I have a model B because only the models A & B have this because they are 15.6" the 17.3" doesn't have it but there are pictures showing the slot for the USIM Card.....

I am also trying to find out how can I upgrade the memory and the hard drive myself with out sending it back to be done. Need a breakdown but I think I can figure it out...

Ah. I see now. Thank you for the link. You should be able to then get a SIM/USIM and use it with the laptop. However, you would have to pay then for the service. Just like you would for a phone or tablet. Where as you could just use your home WiFi, or other free WiFi to avoid such costs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jankeza Laptop Tech Support 9
S Laptop Tech Support 0
Darelll Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Wolfring2020 Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 0
Person555533 Laptop Tech Support 3
venkateshkumar R Laptop Tech Support 0
Z Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 2