Solved! USIM on the side of My laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernard_18

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I just got a new NoteBook Computer N155RD1 and it has a slot for a usim card and the wwansvc is running, can I get a sim card and use it?

Solution
Ah. I see now. Thank you for the link. You should be able to then get a SIM/USIM and use it with the laptop. However, you would have to pay then for the service. Just like you would for a phone or tablet. Where as you could just use your home WiFi, or other free WiFi to avoid such costs.

bernard_18

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

No, I went into the services and wwan is active and running and it says WWAN Autoconfig, this service manages mobile broadband GSM & CDMA data card/embedded modules adapters by auto configuring the networks.

bernard_18

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

http://www.pro-star.com/index.php?r=index/download&model=N155RD1%2FN155RF1%2FN170RD1%2FN170RF1#file, just download the manual and go to page 183/292. I have a model B because only the models A & B have this because they are 15.6" the 17.3" doesn't have it but there are pictures showing the slot for the USIM Card.....

I am also trying to find out how can I upgrade the memory and the hard drive myself with out sending it back to be done. Need a breakdown but I think I can figure it out...

Ah. I see now. Thank you for the link. You should be able to then get a SIM/USIM and use it with the laptop. However, you would have to pay then for the service. Just like you would for a phone or tablet. Where as you could just use your home WiFi, or other free WiFi to avoid such costs.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.