Using 45 year old speakers for a sound system

bruce9432

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
I have circa 1974 JBL Century 100 speakers in almost new shape, (the grills evaporated decades ago). I would like to integrate with TV and was wondering if they are worth it? ( do today soundbars work as well? I have a Yamaha sound bar and not satisfied, no bass). Is there a bluetooth amp altenative that can be employed? Should I just buy a receiver (which one would be adequate) and run wires (hate to do it that way). Finally, what is the opinion of the masses as to the vialbility of the Century speakers compared to hardware today? Thanks in advance Tom's fourm.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 2
C Audio 3
B Audio 5
Andrew_PDK Audio 1
Tg123456$&@ Audio 3
T Audio 1
L Audio 1
L Audio 5
C Audio 2
B Audio 2
S Audio 5
P Audio 6
Y Audio 3
V Audio 1
D Audio 5
K Audio 1
B Audio 4
T Audio 3
C Audio 15
M Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Are there sound bars I can use as left, center, right speakers for my home theater system?
Question Is it feasible to have a home theater system with the soundbar as the only front speaker?
Question Subwoofer on 2.1 speaker system not working(Logitech Z623) when connected via aux
Question Wich portable speaker to choose.
Question Can't get sound from my tv to speaker system via 3.5mm audio cable.
I've a jvc stack system its lighting up when switch it on but no sound coming out speakers how can I fix it
Solved! Mixing sound system and subwoofers?
Which Speaker to replace?
So I have the new Tw j5500 tower speakers with built in sub.. so took hook it up to a 7.1 surround system , for sound output
Confused about buying new sound system for Turntable to Amp to Old Speakers
Can I use a Standalone Subwoofer Unit with a 2.1 Channel Sound System?
Is there a way to connect Vizio sound bar/wireless system without smart cast to Alexa?
Trying to create a surround sound system using 2 different speaker systems
my sound system is totally ok but not giving the out put
Connect AUX only 2.0 speakers (Edifier E25) to a subwoofer and PC system
How to connect Active Speakers and Actice Subwoofer to the PC?
How do i make quadrophonic sound system using different set of speakers
I have a 5.1 sound system (3 speakers and subwoofer) only subwoofer work and 1 speaker :|
Looking for help on wiring configurations on 5.1 system to soundcard, an receiver?
Just Looking For Help With A New Sound System. Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY