Using 7" Windows tablet as Secondary Desktop

Arkhifoxx

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
So I'm heading off to college soon, and have been debating how to go about my PC situation. I currently have a desktop, which runs Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I wanted a second windows device that was portable for simple media consumption and notes, but planned to do the bulk of work on a desktop. My idea was to get something like the Dell Venue 7 or a similar budget windows tablet, and use that for my minimal note-taking in class (most notes will be pen & paper) and the occasional email check during the day, but also have a dock station set up where I use it as a desktop. The tablets I'm looking at have micro-HDMI, which would allow me to hook them up to a bluetooth keyboard and my monitor, giving me the full desktop experience. I'm not planning on running Crysis or Solidworks on the thing, but would like to have a windows device which can do the basics for me.

Are there any suggestions? Think this would work okay? Also if you have a device recommendation which fits my criteria, feel free to suggest. Thanks for the help.

Arkhifoxx

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015

Indeed. I would like a Windows device, so I could use office and other windows based applications if need arises.