Solved! Using a canon powershot sx 60 hs as a webcam

slamminn

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Hello,
I have recently been looking into to live streaming and decided i would need a face cam. i figured that the best quality would probably come from using my canon power shot sx 60 hs but when i plug it in it is not recognised by any of the programs that you can do this with and the HDMI on the camera only works in playback mode. How can i use it as a webcam?

Solution
Google your camera model and "tethered". I don't believe software for the sx60 and tethered shooting was made.

The primary problem is these slightly larger sensors tend to over heat more than the smaller ones in web cams with continuous use.
A secondary problem is that in order to not pay the camcorder based licensing fees (which would drive up the price of the sx60) it has to be limited to a maximum of 29minutes of use.

bjornl

Estimable
Google your camera model and "tethered". I don't believe software for the sx60 and tethered shooting was made.

The primary problem is these slightly larger sensors tend to over heat more than the smaller ones in web cams with continuous use.
A secondary problem is that in order to not pay the camcorder based licensing fees (which would drive up the price of the sx60) it has to be limited to a maximum of 29minutes of use.

Solution