Using monitor's speakers

onizukaeikichi

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
Hi,

Is there a way to configure so that the computer will use the monitor's speakers instead of my laptop's speakers after I unplug my headphones from my laptop?

So far, I can only do that by manually making monitor's speakers as default device in sound settings. However, is there a way to setup it up without going through that process?

Thanks.

Solution
The HDMI connection will carry audio and video. both are equipped with HDMI. it should autodetect the headphones and revert when unplugged.
if you are using HDMi and its not automatically doing this, the easiest way would be to use a direct line from the laptops headphone jack to the audio input of the monitor. Configure windows to use that as the default device. the only drawback being that when you unplug your headphones you would have to plug in the monitor. you could use a y adaptor on the headphone jack and split the signal to both the headphones and the monitor.

R_1

Estimable
Herald
The HDMI connection will carry audio and video. both are equipped with HDMI. it should autodetect the headphones and revert when unplugged.
if you are using HDMi and its not automatically doing this, the easiest way would be to use a direct line from the laptops headphone jack to the audio input of the monitor. Configure windows to use that as the default device. the only drawback being that when you unplug your headphones you would have to plug in the monitor. you could use a y adaptor on the headphone jack and split the signal to both the headphones and the monitor.

Solution

onizukaeikichi

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014

The monitor has a headphone jack as well. This is probably causing the issue. Using the monitor's headphones jack is not really good as there are some static there.

Thanks for the quick replies.