Using PLYR 1 on PC without an Optical Port?

Ownaholic

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
Hello,

I am currently trying to figure out how to use my PLYR 1 headset on the PC without the use of an optical cable. When making my computer I didn't purchase a dedicated sound card and really do not want to add one because I'm looking into getting a new Suface Pro 3 (or alienware laptop) in the very near future.

Basically my computer needs to have an optical port to provide opt in on the PLYR 1 headset stand (and I believe opt out as well).

Is there any way to make the PLYR 1 headset work with the PC without needing an optical port? Some type of adapter maybe? Or a headset mix amp like the Astro Gaming Mixamp Pro?

Or do I pretty much just need an optical port on my PC and that's that?

Again the problem with adding a sound card is the fact that I am planning on buying a Surface Pro 3 in the near future, which doesn't have an optical port. I really don't want to have to sell my headset and buy something else of lesser quality (IE: Astro A30) just to get it working on my PC without an optical cable and the PS4.

It may also be useful to mention that I'm a livestreamer, hence why I want the same headset to work for the PS4 and PC.

Thank you!

SuperiorNeg

Estimable
Aug 5, 2015

Soo does that mean you really don't need an optical cable? And if so how would you set up stereo?

You don't need to setup the stereo configuration, it will just be stereo vs surround sound once you go through the converter. Just read the manual for it.