using receiver as power amp to my preamp?

khanh171176

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
Hi please let me know if this is correct and us it worth it?
1. Connect my speakers to my rotel 1560
2. Connect the digital out to my primare sp31.7 digital in
3. Connect my digital out from my computer to my primare digital in?

Essentially I want to use the rotel as my power amp and the primare as the preamp. Is it worth it or the rotel 1560 is good enough by itself or the sound processing on the primare superior?

Solution
Connect the PC via optical to the Primare. The analog outs of the Primare feed the multichannel input on the Rotel. This will bypass most of the Rotel circuitry. Can't use digital only to do this.
There is an issue due to the age difference between the two. The Primare doesn't support lossless BD audio but the Rotel does so on BD you won't be able to decode these. Should not be an issue on other sources.
Connect the PC via optical to the Primare. The analog outs of the Primare feed the multichannel input on the Rotel. This will bypass most of the Rotel circuitry. Can't use digital only to do this.
There is an issue due to the age difference between the two. The Primare doesn't support lossless BD audio but the Rotel does so on BD you won't be able to decode these. Should not be an issue on other sources.

Solution