Solved! Using USB memory stick to record tv

Jan 29, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have a LG 55uj634v TV and I am trying to use an ordinary USB memory stick to record video. What happens is that most recordings end abruptly after a few minutes (5 to 10 mins) even if the tv is on.

LG tech support say that PVR recording works reliably only if the destination medium has an external power source, like a HDD.

Any suggestions on how I can make the USB stick work?

Thanks!

Solution
My friend uses a USB memory stick to pause, rewind and record on a Panasonic TV. The only problem is that if you stop the recording or cancel it mid way the TV then seems to no longer recognise that the USB stick is plugged in it needs to be removed and reinserted. He absolutely hates this TV, there is no way to set timers to switch over to a program when it starts whilst watching another channel, and no Previous channel button to flick between 2 channels. Have you tried using a different USB stick?
Jan 29, 2019

Thanks, I will try to find one and I will let you know if it works.

Annj123

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
My friend uses a USB memory stick to pause, rewind and record on a Panasonic TV. The only problem is that if you stop the recording or cancel it mid way the TV then seems to no longer recognise that the USB stick is plugged in it needs to be removed and reinserted. He absolutely hates this TV, there is no way to set timers to switch over to a program when it starts whilst watching another channel, and no Previous channel button to flick between 2 channels. Have you tried using a different USB stick?

Solution