UTorrent automatically shuts down after some time?

LEOKAMBOJ

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
While some torrents are running in the latest uTorrent Beta 3.5.0 Build 44000 (upgraded from previous version which had same problem), the application closes on its own when I'm away or so and I haven't been able to find the real cause.

Checked all the preferences, tried Defaulting but none helped!

Chugalug_

Estimable
uTorrent's gone downhill recently, getting a little off topic.
They've pretty much sold out, and people are getting malware from ads etc. and items which automatically try to download themselves.
Everyone's jumped ship to more reliable clients like QBitTorrent, which get the job done without bricking your PC, and don't try to get you to install stuff bundled with it.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/450-bittorrent-clients-list.html#s2
Also.... no ads!

Now back to topic; is it minimizing to system tray or just straight up closing in processes?

LEOKAMBOJ

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

I appreciate your preliminary advice which I've heard about a bit at first tbh then ignored it anyway. I don't think that utorrent who's supposed to be the base Stem of p2p sharing will end up soon or so very easily. Who's planning to take it over?
THE PROGRAM CLOSES ITS ENTIRE PROCESS TREE ON ITS OWN AND DOESN"T SHOW UP anywhere running in the Task Manager. You know CrackingPatching? Lemme say this, they are really great guys and do a great job providing false-positive-free cracks so there doesn't arise any virus/malware situation. I m currently using there Build version 44000.
Now don't make me believe that its because of cracking. I just pasted the PRO folder contents into the Roaming's installation dir. Just wanted to make sure that no annoying ads []me in first place. Pardon me for the language but their ads just irritate me insanely!
Any other better alternatives to utorrent and bittorrent will be whole heartedly gratified.

Last edited by a moderator: