V-Moda vs. ATH vs. Beyerdynamic

Ameen Jarrar

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones. I already own a pair of ATH-M50's, but I don't have any experience with a lot of pairs. I've been torn between the V-Moda Crossfade M-100's, ATH-M50X's, and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus. I game a lot: CS:GO, Battlefield 4, GTA V, TF2, et cetera, and listen to electronic music almost literally all the time. The reviews I've read have mostly sided with the M50X's, but this:

http://headphones.specout.com/compare/2186-3738-5310/V-Moda-Crossfade-M-100-vs-Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-vs-Beyerdynamic-Custom-One-Pro-Plus

is making a lot more difficult to choose, since it says that the Beyerdynamic's use the least amount of power, the M50's have higher lows and lower highs, yet I haven't seen as many reviews that swear by the Crossfade's or the Beyerdynamic's. I already have a ModMic, so the microphone feature on the Crossfade's and Beyerdynamic's don't really matter to me, nor do the volume control features. If anyone could shar their experience with any of these, that'd be great. Thanks.

Solution
Ameen, I can only share my experience with the Beyer's as I own a pair.
These were the first over ear headphones that I've owned and I found them painful to wear after a few hours.(I have a big head and ears) All of my past headphones have been on ear and have included Beyerdynamic, Koss, Plantronic and Sony.

When I bought these I tested them against other over ear headphones from Audio Technica, AKG and a couple of other brands and I ended up going for the beyerdynamic's for a couple of reasons. The sound quality was spot on plus they have adjustable bass, which sounded a bit gimmicky, but works well.
As I was aiming for a headset, I liked the fact that the beyer's have removable 3.5mm cords. My pair came with a cord+ mic as well...

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Ameen, I can only share my experience with the Beyer's as I own a pair.
These were the first over ear headphones that I've owned and I found them painful to wear after a few hours.(I have a big head and ears) All of my past headphones have been on ear and have included Beyerdynamic, Koss, Plantronic and Sony.

When I bought these I tested them against other over ear headphones from Audio Technica, AKG and a couple of other brands and I ended up going for the beyerdynamic's for a couple of reasons. The sound quality was spot on plus they have adjustable bass, which sounded a bit gimmicky, but works well.
As I was aiming for a headset, I liked the fact that the beyer's have removable 3.5mm cords. My pair came with a cord+ mic as well as a audio only cord.

Downsides for me are the earlier problem with over ear not suiting me due to tightness, but that's not a design fault I just think that over ear headphones aren't for me. One con was that the replacement cable with mike is fairly expensive.

My biggest bit of advice, really try and audition these if you can as in all things audio, what sounds great to one person may not sound good to another.

Solution