Vacuuming around computers

Poolofcola

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Hi, I searched around for answers regarding vacuuming and computers and after looking for a bit I'm still unsure so I just want things made clear for me.

I vacuumed my computer a tiny bit before realising it's dangerous, and the next time I plugged the power cable in a few sparks appeared from the power outlet. Although I haven't noticed any problems is there any safety precautions I should resort to regardless?

Asside from vacuuming inside the computer or generaly near it, is it fine to vacuum the plane on which the computer is standing so long as a move it away far enough?

And lastly, is it safe to vacuum near power outlets?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is ... however I normally use compressed air to clean the inside of a computer ... as you don't want to bash any of the components with the end of a vacuum pipe.

You can vacuum safely around the outdie of the PC or socket outlets ... providing it is not wet vacuuming.

Yes it is ... however I normally use compressed air to clean the inside of a computer ... as you don't want to bash any of the components with the end of a vacuum pipe.

You can vacuum safely around the outdie of the PC or socket outlets ... providing it is not wet vacuuming.

Poolofcola

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Thanks, I feel reassured. <3

My German Shepard used to love being vacuumed ... keeps the dog hair level down by being proactive and going to one ofthe sources.

I used to vacuum the front and back porch too ...

None of the kids would sit still long enough to vacuum them ...

Avast-Team

Respectable
Mar 3, 2017
I'm a big fan of the DataVac -- the opposite of a vacuum, it's a very efficient replacement for those cans of "duster." Gets dusty computers squeaky clean, just don't hold the nozzle too close to sensitive components.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Casey Case Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
H Antivirus / Security / Privacy 10
R Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
S Antivirus / Security / Privacy 14
R Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
C Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
K Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
K Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
K Antivirus / Security / Privacy 8
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
T Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2