Vaio black screen on startup

velica13

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Ive searched just about everywhere, but cant seem to find a fix for this. The vaio logo comes up on startup, but after that, theres just a blank screen and my cursor. The fan seems to be running fine and makes normal noise. I put a flashlight on the screen, but cant see anything still. I tried powercycling, that didnt work. Tried system restore. Tried refresh and factory reset but an error keeps coming up saying driver is locked or partition is missing. Booting in safe mode didnt work either. This problem has happened before but i forgot how i fixed it. The computer is about 3 years old but has been working fine since the last time this happened. I might also mention that right before this started, i turned the computer on and a loud screeching noise started that sounded like a hard drive error. Ever since then it hasnt turned on. Please help thank you.

The computer is a Vaio E series SVE151J13L

Solution
Hi,

Do try some of these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Press CTRL + ATL + DEL all at the same time and select Task Manager.
- Once open click on File then select New Task.
- Type "explorer.exe" and click OK
- If the desktop screen will come back run a complete virus/malware clean up tool.
- If it doesn't work you may need to format your laptop using a System Recovery disc that you need to order from Sony.
Hi,

Do try some of these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Press CTRL + ATL + DEL all at the same time and select Task Manager.
- Once open click on File then select New Task.
- Type "explorer.exe" and click OK
- If the desktop screen will come back run a complete virus/malware clean up tool.
- If it doesn't work you may need to format your laptop using a System Recovery disc that you need to order from Sony.

Solution