VAIO VGN-NW36F Black Screen.

adonixbay

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hello guys. i have a vaio laptop as i mentioned above. it worked fine for me around one year ago. yes for a full year i not used it. And now. when i try to turn it on. it turns on but after few second turns-off then after two seconds its turns on with no screen i mean black screen and stays like this as long as it connected to outlet or battery pack.

Solution
Have you tried the following....

1. Remove the power/charger cord.
2. Take the battery out.
3. Hold down the power button for about 30 seconds.
4. Now it should turn on.
5. Once it has, plug in the charger cord first... then if all goes well, put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, you might want to try starting the computer in "Safe Mode". To do so, shut it off, and then when you turn it back on, continually hit the F8 key until you get the menu where you can choose to load in "Safe Mode". If the computer loads, then you know you have something on it that is messing with it (virus, etc.,).

If it isn't that, then you may need the display replaced, should it turn on but not show you anything.

adonixbay

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from adonixbay : "VAIO VGN-NW36F Black Screen."

Hello guys. i have a vaio laptop as i mentioned above. it worked fine for me around one year ago. yes for a full year i not used it. And now. when i try to turn it on. it turns on but after few second turns-off then after two seconds its turns on with no screen i mean black screen and stays like this as long as it connected to outlet or battery pack. by the way. i can hear fan spinning and DVD and HDD activity. power LED is on.

I wonder if you could help me with this....
i appreciated your time....

Have you tried the following....

1. Remove the power/charger cord.
2. Take the battery out.
3. Hold down the power button for about 30 seconds.
4. Now it should turn on.
5. Once it has, plug in the charger cord first... then if all goes well, put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, you might want to try starting the computer in "Safe Mode". To do so, shut it off, and then when you turn it back on, continually hit the F8 key until you get the menu where you can choose to load in "Safe Mode". If the computer loads, then you know you have something on it that is messing with it (virus, etc.,).

If it isn't that, then you may need the display replaced, should it turn on but not show you anything.

Solution