Valentine's Day Gadget Lust

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
these are the STUPIDEST gifts EVER!
WOW get her a luggage meter!

just buy her a damned bowling ball while you are at it....

find your netbook broken against a wall when she finds out how lame and slow a SINGLE core atom REALLY IS.....cant these netbook manufacturers stop cashing in on these CHEAP ASS devices...GOD the 330 dual core has been out for a while and they are milking the single cores....

LAME!

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Dan,

So sorry about the ad interfering with the text... we are working on the problem. Sorry we are stressing you out so bad. Personally, I love netbooks and I think it would be a great gift--they are so easy to just toss into your bag. Obviously a lot of people agree with me or they wouldn't be selling so darn well.

Thanks,
Rachel Rosmarin, Editor of Tom's Guide

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
Rachel

thanks for understanding.....I hope you understand my frustration....I am a HEAVY MythTv user....so I am spoiled with the commercial skip feature.....advertisements are like commercials to me....i don't mind them on the page as long as they don't block my reading....i found out that i could just click on "stop" for loading the page just before the banner blocks it and can read what i needed (they call me mr. workaround at work.

as of yesterday i refuse to fill up my car with fuel at the local Shell station....the second you swipe your card and it gets approved....the LCD lights up at the pump and starts showing nothing but commercials! and when you are done it thanks you! very annoying!

but thanks for being a good sport and understanding!

to bad these netbooks dont have dual cores.....and to bad intel wants to push their own HD acceleration on their next atom design instead

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
of using the nvidia ion chipset.....is 720p the best Intel can to on a net book i saw the ion in action and i almost fell out of my chair that a single core atom had light CPU usage while playing back 1080p content! and since intel doesn't want to play...i hope nvidia comes up with their own solution....even a socketed ATOM in a build it yourself kit like the artigo....or heck just team up with VIA?
!

Status
Not open for further replies.