VCast Apps: Google/Verizon Romance Going Sour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
This is a bucketfull of fail. The whole android experience is based on advertising revenue and donationware stuff (I have paid for a few apps via donation on my phone).

G

Why do people call it a "donation" when they are clearly making purchase to use said app? Unless it was a free, unrestricted app with the option to donate to the developer, then it isn't called donating! It's called making a purchase. Stop trying to make yourself better than you really are.

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
From what I've read the will be keeping Google for the high end phones. I research my apps on the WWW. As long as the search bar still works let the marketplace get flooded and have the consumer decide whats best.

"cluttered with subpar apps, disguised malware, and highly unnavigable--Verizon's approach may be a welcome one to Android owners." Everything Verizon touches is ****, and they charge for it.

G

Some apps are available with a free version and a version that costs a few dollars. No additional features in the paid version. You can choose to get the paid version to make a "donation" to the person who created the app.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Verizon Apps are 90% fail,,, thats why nobody ever bothers to download them. I mean Jeeze, $5.95 for Tetris? $10.99 for a news reader?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]kingssman[/nom]Verizon Apps are 90% fail,,, thats why nobody ever bothers to download them. I mean Jeeze, $5.95 for Tetris? $10.99 for a news reader?[/citation]
Cost is fail, but the idea rocks.
Not entering pay details every time and having purchases appear on my monthly bill? Great idea.
Now if only they could do the same with pay & go where it debits items I buy from my call credit...

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
V Cast is a joke. The NFL app was "free" allowing streaming and all, but now it's an additional $10 on top of the $30 for "unlimited data" plan. It'd be nice if it was included. I mean I'm not going to sit and watch TV on my phone all day because the battery would die after 10 min, but it'd be nice to. I'm glad the data isn't capped...yet...

i7Rocks

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]captainnemojr[/nom]V Cast is a joke. The NFL app was "free" allowing streaming and all, but now it's an additional $10 on top of the $30 for "unlimited data" plan. It'd be nice if it was included. I mean I'm not going to sit and watch TV on my phone all day because the battery would die after 10 min, but it'd be nice to. I'm glad the data isn't capped...yet...[/citation]

NFL app is free and doesn't cost me an additional $10 a month. Why do you have unlimited data in qoutes?? my plan is unlimited and I use the shit out of it all day everyday. also you wouldn't watch TV on your phone but it would be nice to??? yeah that makes a lot of sense. mega fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS