Rockssiner

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
Hi.

So i have had vegas pro 12 and 13 with the same problem now for weeks and i can not figure out what the problem is. And searching the web does not help what so ever because their problem is the opposite from the one i am having.

So to the problem at hand.

The problem is simple. When ever i do anything. And i mean anything in Sony vegas 12 or 13 my cpu goes to 100% and the program goes in to "Not responding" and i get the pop up menu saying "Close the program or wait for it to respond" and after like 1-2 min the action i did do it. Its impossible to work with it.
I have tried reinstalling all programs (yes re installed my whole computer 3 times) and reinstalled vegas 5-6 times.

Please help as i really need this program now!

My computer specs are:
INTEL CORE I7 3770K OC to 4.2GHZ
R9 290x stock
16 gb of 1333 Ram
1 tb of SSD (where Vegas is installed)

Thanks

Rockssiner

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

its downloaded media from sonys own website and yes. I have had the problem with Pinnacle Studio 17 aswell (a other movie media editor)

andrewanderson

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
Quick search on google found a few youtube videos talking about "How to fix "Not Responding " on Sony Vegas Pro".
Their fix was to go into Options - Preferences - Video - gpu acceleration of video processing. set it to "off". restart Sony Vegas Pro.

maybe that helps?

Rockssiner

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Sadly i tried that.(yeah that was the one i found aswell but no luck :( )

andrewanderson

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
Hmm, only other ideas that come to mind are:

- create a new user account and see if it works better with a new profile.
- or remove the sony vegas application settings from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sony (backup or rename the Sony folder first).

- could also try cameyo, but that is a hassle too.

Rockssiner

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Will do. And yes all the drivers are up to date

Rockssiner

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Full Commercial version and no problems what so ever when gaming or doing anything else (cpu at 1-2% running 3 games on 3 screens)