Vegas Rendering Issue!

MarketingN00b

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
Hi,

I am having trouble rendering a clip on sony vegas 12.0 despite doing several of these per week with the same template and graphics. The only difference between this render project and others is that this video file is 854x480 whereas the other ones I usually render are 1280x720. I have tried rendering this file in 1280x720, 854x480, 960x540.. you name it... it just won't work. Does anyone know how to solve this issue as I am on a tight work deadline and am needing to find a quick solution? Thanks in advance!!!

Solution
Do you have any other editor you can try the file in? Just wondering if the file would behave the same way in something else. I only ask because I am beginning to suspect there is something odd with this file. I assume you can play back the file, before editing, without any problem. One suggestion I have read is to right click on the video track, select Properties, and then select Disable Resample.

MarketingN00b

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
Hey kenrivers,

Yeh every other variable remains the same. It it .mp4 format, 124 MB and 854x480.
My basic render settings are: Multimedia wide: 854x480, frame rate 29.970, maximum bps 16,000, 000 Average bps 8, 000, 000.

When dealing with my usual videos that are 1280x720 I use HD, but obviously a higher res. wouldn't be any better on this one... :S

MarketingN00b

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
just as some extra info that may help you help me... it simply renders my intro which is a little moving graphic and some audio... and as soon as it gets 5% in (exactly where the video file is placed) the viewer screen goes black and the % stops progressing.

MarketingN00b

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
I have tried making the file smaller in handbreak but that made no difference. no error message comes up... all that happens is the screen viewer freezes on a black screen, the % stops rising and the time continues to count down until it reaches 0.
I have my template already set up, all i need to do it drag each video into it every time i do it and render, and this one isn't working because it is 854x480. I just need to know why this is and what setting (if any) can help me render it.

As you can probably tell by now I'm not a Vegas user (I use Premiere) but I will do the best I can to help. Have you tried clearing the cache? I see you mentioned your basic render settings above. Is the project setting (template) the same as the render settings (template)? Is there an option to turn on/off the match original project/video file? Do you have any hardware acceleration turned on?

MarketingN00b

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
I've only been using it for about a month now so it wasn't super obvious don't worry. I shouldn't need to clear cache but i did and this didn't work. yeh i had tried making the project settings congruent with my render settings... still no luck... I don't think they is an on/off option from what i can see, and i have tried rendering with both CUDA on and off and with sony vegas as prioritised and not prioritised, so acceleration made no difference.

Do you have any other editor you can try the file in? Just wondering if the file would behave the same way in something else. I only ask because I am beginning to suspect there is something odd with this file. I assume you can play back the file, before editing, without any problem. One suggestion I have read is to right click on the video track, select Properties, and then select Disable Resample.

Solution