Verizon Activates 2.2M iPhones In First Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
HOw is anything AT&T ever states good for the consumer. Company's do not make moves that are good for the consumer they make moves that are good for the company. t-mobiles network already services LTE to the consumers AT&T says it can reach, so how is that helping me by AT&T acquiring it? Is AT&&T going to offer an unlimited plan? Is AT&T going to somehow stop charging a different data connection for every device I have , even though I already have a data plan why should I have to buy a seperate one for each one. NO GIANT company has ever been good for anybody, never, in history. And AT&T certainly has never done anything to buck the trent.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
How exactly does 4 major carriers mean there is plenty of competition? As data plans move from flat-rate/unlimited to capped/tiered plans, you can hardly call that a product of competition. Over the years, my wired bandwidth has gone up an order of magnitude in speed, with roughly the same cost, $50-$60. My cell phone bill however, which has been essentially the same plan, has just kept creeping up and up. I understand that data plans do cost money, but look at AT&Ts price history. iPhone Unlimited data $20, Iphone3g Unlimited data $30, iPhone 4 capped plan, $25 + overages. That last one is just using cost shifting to hide a price increase. What do you think will happen when t-mobile (AT&Ts only same network tech competitor) gets eaten by them? Now, you lose your phone no matter what if you leave AT&T. That's not competition, that's AT&T taking a page from Apple's playbook. Lock them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.