Verizon Could Have $30 Unlimited Data for 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
I bet if this is true, then it is merely a temporary or rather introductory sort of scheme to lure customers. Once they feel like they have a good deal of customers, they will put limits on data like they did to 3G.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]LTE beats them all hands down. I get 27Mbps down steady on my LTE data card. WiMax is second with HSPA+ trailing 3rd. HSPA+ has been nick named 3G 1/2 since all it does is increase capacity on the existing network and it geard towards voice not data. I don't care if they call it 77777G all I know is LTE blows all of them out of water at this point. Did you not read the article? Where does it say 5GB? There's a 5GB cap on 3G.[/citation]

OK, but then what is the Cap on 4G? It is very hard to believe that one could download 500GB in a month without some bandwidth throttling or something. I hope it's true though.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
When they say devices i assume they mean the USB sticks. I say that because my phone has had unlimited 3g service for years now with no caps. i however no matter how much i tried have even remotely in any sense of the word gotten close to 1 gig let alone 5 on my cell phone using it to download just about anything i could think of to install on it. If this is about the 4g usb sticks then for me it doesn't matter i wont use one i just tether from my phone to use Internet on other devices anyways. Which is where i might come into a problem :) but for just pure phone use i don't really see how i could hit that cap and i have tried :/

Every time verizon says something when questioned about caps they say they pay for the bandwidth they can use it anyway they want we have no intentions of capping it. Now i do realize you should only take that at face value but i haven't seen anything credible from verizon even suggesting it. Other then the iphone i suppose but thats a pos anyways :)

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Considering I get on average 4 Mbit over my 3G, I don't care for 4G. Especially not when I consider that here in Bahrain my phone has faster internet then my landline, which costs 4x as much... :pfff:

I just tether when I want raw speed! :D

toughbook

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I would jump at either the $30.00 or $45.00 offer right now. Currently on my Verizon 4G I am using between 10 and 15 Mbps. So yeah, bring it on! It's faster than the top tier plan at my home with At&t U-Verse.

toughbook

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
They would start throttling the top 5% of the most users. I believe this was on Tom's earlier in the week. To me, that's a non issue. Think about how many high level executives use these all over the place with whopping amounts of data. I don't feel I would fall in that 5%.

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Verizon may say it's unlimited (to some extent). I hit almost 9GB+ last month and the last week of it my download speed dropped to 50KBs
Basically it's unlimited to a reasonable extent. It like going to a all you eat buffet and stay there all day. It may be all you can eat, but your being unreasonable by taking advantage of the system and then people get mad.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Continuing their $30 Unlimited Data would be a VERY good idea on Verizon's part. I'm hoping to get a 4G Android device this Spring, so they better. ;-)

gsxr1181

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Absolutely I would. My problem is the "unlimited" 5GB you get. Cause I would drop my home internet and just tether.

And since I run a mobile PC in my car, it would be sweet to stream while driving, and not have to worry about data caps. Till someone offers a truly unlimited plan, I will keep what I got. $15=200mb

G

i am sure Verizon will find a way to charge more for 4G even though the data network probably costs less to operate. they will end up throttling bandwidth and only offer top speeds for $99m unlimited data + $60 for limited voice services. I almost pre-ordered a Verizon IPhone4 but it is only 3G and would lock me in at $90 a month. Too much for 3G. Also for my next phone i want one with an OLED screen. Waiting to see how this shakes out.

http://ddp.net/jab

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I assumed because I use my home internet so heavily I would be a heavy internet user on the go; turns out not so, but even still my entire cell phone bill is less than 30/mo and I still feel like I pay too much so Verizon can gtfo with their 90+/mo phone bills.

G

LTE is the fastest hands down. I hope they continue the unlimited data since I run a bit over 6 GB of use a month on my DroidX. If they don't, well my 3G works well enough for me, the 4G speed is just icing on the cake.

G

As a subscriber to Verizon's 4G LTE service using a USB card, I would be peeved to find out that smartphone users have access to the same network with no data consumption limits at half the cost.

I will also second what @otacon72 said. 3G or 3.5G is good; WiMax 4G is much better; LTE 4G is the best (by a substantial margin). Unfortunately, when using LTE, I easily consumed 1 GB of data in under 90 minutes. As you can imagine, it wouldn't be hard to blow through a 5 or 10 GB per month data consumption limit, which does make the slower, cheaper, and unlimited WiMax options a lot more attractive.

G

I want a way to drop comcast and just use a phone to tether my home computer to the net. I also want to continue to stream Netflix...any ideas on what plan and what phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.