Verizon FINALLY Confirms DROID 2, R2-D2 Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaixionito

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Wowz. Nice to see yet another phone that will make the girlie iDevices cry.

In all seriousness, more phones = better for the consumer.

G

star wars? Where is my Kirk-style flip-up cellphone? My Android powered tricorder?

dredj

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Why did I get the incredible, why didn't i wait? This may sound childish, but...

I WANT THE R2-D2 PHONE!!!! WAAHHHHH :*(

Not a fan of physical keyboards, though. I like my phone thin.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I currently don't have a "smart phone", but I'm interested in getting one. I have dumb question though. When mobile hotspot is mentioned. Does it mean connecting to the web via wi-fi or does it mean something else? And if so, $20 a month to connect to wi-fi doesn't sound reasonable when there are plenty of free wi-fi hotspots.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]3.7 inch screen no thanks, Dell Streak 5 inches of love on this Friday FTW. Before you bash android 1.6 its getting 2.2 in a few weeks so shut your traps with your puny screens![/citation]

All you post about is the Dell Streak, in every single phone thread you can. Once all you posted about was how much you love your iPhone, now it's Streak, blah blah, you sound like a broken record. We get it, you want the Dell Streak, even if it is over-priced.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]mchuf[/nom]I currently don't have a "smart phone", but I'm interested in getting one. I have dumb question though. When mobile hotspot is mentioned. Does it mean connecting to the web via wi-fi or does it mean something else? And if so, $20 a month to connect to wi-fi doesn't sound reasonable when there are plenty of free wi-fi hotspots.[/citation]

Its a 3G hotspot so for 20$ a month you can share your phones 3G connection with other devices.

on another note all these phones look amazing just because there is variety, just waiting for my contract to end so I can leave ATT. What do you guys recommend Verizon or sprint? people tell me sprint coverage sucks but I live in 1 of two cities in CA with 4G so i think coverage would be good right?

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]mchuf[/nom]I currently don't have a "smart phone", but I'm interested in getting one. I have dumb question though. When mobile hotspot is mentioned. Does it mean connecting to the web via wi-fi or does it mean something else? And if so, $20 a month to connect to wi-fi doesn't sound reasonable when there are plenty of free wi-fi hotspots.[/citation]
It means that your phone will work as an active WiFi hotspot allowing up to 5 WiFi users to connect to the internet using the phones 3G wireless connection.

G

"Mobile hotspot will cost you an additional $20 per month if you want it."

Now we know what the hold up is with android 2.2 being released on the droid, droid incredible, and droid x. It's all about the corporate dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.