Verizon Reportedly Buying iPhone Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Any of them have the i-phrase in them?
Though frankly who cares. Either it will or it will not be, that is the question.

vcbb10

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]macgeneral[/nom]Any of them have the i-phrase in them?Though frankly who cares. Either it will or it will not be, that is the question.[/citation]

It's more a question of when.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I'm not a fan of AT&T or Apple for that matter. But I do believe in a business sense it would
be bad for both companies if the iPhone is released to other providers. Let's face it anyone who felt a iPhone is a must have has already have enough time to make the switch to AT&T and get one. What I foresee is a increased production to stock the providers up while sales will not budge at all. This may also hurt the popularity of the iPhone as it will appear less exclusive
thus giving it a cheaper feeling to owning one. Imagine yourself owning a Bugatti Veyron, pretty sweet right? Now imagine everyone driving them around or at-least able to obtain one without a problem. Lost quite a bit of appeal now didn't it?

The way it should be marketed is exactly the way it has been every version should be hyped up
under supplied at first on purpose to create a sense of urgency for the consumer so they don't even get time to re-think the purchase. After the massive sell-out soon after resupply leaving all those "poor souls" unable to get one because of the limited supply once again rushing out
in urgency when the stock is sufficient and making massive sales. Give the consumer no control and a burning desire to own one. This includes which carrier the consumer must go through as well.

maria tortilla

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
People like to fuel the hype of a Verizon iPhone by putting stuff like this out on the net. Rumors that Apple has ordered a bunch of Qualcomm Baseband chipsets, so the MUST be making a Verizon iPhone. First, Qualcomm, who owns and licenses out the CDMA technology Verizon uses, is also a large supplier of GSM chipsets next to Infineon, who's chipset Apple has used in the past. There is no secret that Apple has been unhappy with Infineon. Doesn't mean a Verizon iPhone is anytime in the future.

Though, anything can happen, my advice is, if you want one, get the iPhone and enjoy it like many, including myself are. Don't build up resentment and anger. Don't be held hostage to your phone carrier waiting on hopes and dreams, that's exactly what the big red wants. The more you wait, the more likely you'll instead cave in and get a Droid. Not bad phones, just saying, want an iPhone, just do it.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Just do it, already. IMO, the moment iPhone shows up on Verizon, that will be a better day for ATT network, as a lot of iPhone users will switch back to a different network.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Now imagine everyone driving them around or at-least able to obtain one without a problem. Lost quite a bit of appeal now didn't it?[/citation]

If you are unhappy at all with your Veyron, feel free to send it to me for safe keeping. I won't even charge you. Consider it a favor.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
The iphone hype is gone. I've already influenced new smartphone users, people I know, to go with Android platform. And this will continue. :p

maria tortilla

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]The iphone hype is gone. I've already influenced new smartphone users, people I know, to go with Android platform. And this will continue.[/citation]

Or just tell them that if they want an iPhone to get one. This isn't a war between Android OS and iPhone OS. They are two completely different OSs. Android OS already has Trojan viruses. If I want an HTC EVO, I can only get it through Sprint. If I want a Samsung Galaxy S phone, the models are not identical between carriers. This can be seen as choice, but that choice is extremely limited when you break it down to what carriers offer. Carriers like Verizon like to control your usage of your Android OS phone by implementing mob style exclusive features such as the deal with Skype for Android which was prevented from any other Android OS phone carrier. Android has a walled in garden of its' own called carrier lockdown. "Rule the Airwaves" likely translates to Verizon placing rules on what you can do with the ever limited over the air bandwidth you pay for. All carriers in the US may be guilty of similar carnival barker shell game tactics, but the answer is standing up to the carriers and telling them to knock off the games.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]The iphone hype is gone. I've already influenced new smartphone users, people I know, to go with Android platform. And this will continue.[/citation]
i have a droid phone and i really don't like the os at all...can't wait to get an iphone

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
If Verizon gets exclusive rights to the iPhone then this will be the best thing to happen to AT&T. Verizon's 3G and 4G data networks will slow to a crawl while AT&T's soon to be 3.5G data network will be the second fastest in existence (next to T-Mobile). Verizon's data network today is in worse shape for the iPhone than AT&T's network ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.