Verizon Takes on Sprint's 3G Network (And Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I fail to see how a Bad cell tower is a one time issue. If a tower is bad or defective, I think it goes to say that it will always have problems. Out of all of the carriers, Verizon dumps more money than anyone into their network. I could be wrong, but the last number I saw showed that they put almost as much money into their network as all the rest combined. Well, if that's true, it shows. These other companies are trying to battle Verizon on something that it does extremely well; better than everyone else. An unlike standard advertising campaigns, they aren't advertising anything untrue. Sure, one could argue that they word it a little fishy. But when it comes down to it, the coverage maps get the point across and do it well. No way to misinterpret them unless you're and AT&T exec or mentally handicapped.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I see nothing, but positive things for the consumer coming out of this situation. They are brewing bad blood between each other and will battle it out. I predict the consumer will win with lower pricing schemes and better service.

gimarbazat

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I guess they feel very unsecure if they do this. Like Apple also who is making all these s..hity ads against Microsoft. Don't understand why people focus on making ads that direct attack the competition. Why dont they focus on making good ads for their products?
I have never seen this kind of stupid ads strategies before I came to US.
I guess US is not spared of stupid things either

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
You mean that commercials actually provoke some people to make purchases? I, for one, have never been amazed enough by a commercial to buy anything.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Ok now Verizon are just storming and raping and pillaging the cell network industry. Why? Just to prove a point. [citation][nom]gimarbazat[/nom]I guess they feel very unsecure if they do this. Like Apple also who is making all these s..hity ads against Microsoft. Don't understand why people focus on making ads that direct attack the competition. Why dont they focus on making good ads for their products?I have never seen this kind of stupid ads strategies before I came to US.I guess US is not spared of stupid things either[/citation]

As for that comment, ^^^, I do agree that Verizon seem very insecure.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]You mean that commercials actually provoke some people to make purchases? I, for one, have never been amazed enough by a commercial to buy anything.[/citation]

You need to look up 7-up commercials on YouTube. There are some really good ones that make me want to buy 7 up just to support the hilarious commercials they have had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E93sBTnC_Fs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkgQFOOr7ug
And my personal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI2R2JKScow

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]gimarbazat[/nom]I guess they feel very unsecure if they do this. Like Apple also who is making all these s..hity ads against Microsoft. Don't understand why people focus on making ads that direct attack the competition. Why dont they focus on making good ads for their products?I have never seen this kind of stupid ads strategies before I came to US.I guess US is not spared of stupid things either[/citation]

lol what? In every Verizon commercial I've seen so far they PROMOTE their network while deriding a competitors network and then PROMOTE their cell phones, services, and other products while deriding a competitors cell phones, services, and products. It's a brilliant marketing strategy. If you think that sort of ad is stupid you clearly don't understand the goal of an advertisement.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
There is a difference between Verizon's marketing and that of Apple Etc.- Verizon is clearly stating the strong points of their services and how they compare to their competitors- totally legitimate and good advertising. Apple whole goal is to make the overweight, idiot "PC" look stupid, while the sexy, young up-and-coming actor "Mac" looks cool and trendy. That has nothing to do with the actual products etc. All the Mac commercials do is irritate me and make me NEVER want to buy an Apple product.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I had Sprint a few years ago and the service was absolutely horrible at my college. I would have to stand up on chairs in weird positions to get and keep a signal. It was a great day when I switched to Verizon.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I can't even tell you when a commercial actually influenced my decision to buy into it...I'll stick to my experience, reviews and word-of-mouth

So much money is wa$ted on advertising...that jack up the cost of products

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]flyinfinni[/nom]There is a difference between Verizon's marketing and that of Apple Etc.- Verizon is clearly stating the strong points of their services and how they compare to their competitors- totally legitimate and good advertising. Apple whole goal is to make the overweight, idiot "PC" look stupid, while the sexy, young up-and-coming actor "Mac" looks cool and trendy. That has nothing to do with the actual products etc. All the Mac commercials do is irritate me and make me NEVER want to buy an Apple product.[/citation]
I couldn't agree more flyinfinni! A good example of the Mac ad is when they depict a user carrying his/her files deciding whether they should upgrade to W7 or go Mac. While suggesting moving to Mac will be less of a hassle, ahem excuse me a lot if those windows created files will not migrate to Mac, there still is the learning curve to use a Mac, and the real world expense of buying and owning a Mac. All of which Mac sidesteps in there ads.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Too bad the USA legal system is biased towards Verizon. While I agree that Sprint is certainly NOT the most dependable or reliable 3G network neither is Verizon. Verizon seems to think that their cell phone network is as reliable as Mac OS X is on a desktop computer which is just a bunch of outright lies.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Verizon is kicking ass and executing the prisioners lately. I hope Microsoft does the same, Apple and Google are getting on my nerves with their smugness and untrue commercials.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I saw a commercial for the new Straight Talk service, and I pounced. All they needed to do was tell me they had better prices and better service and I was all over them.

Couldn't be happier. Better value than Net10 (same company different plan) and better service than BoostMobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.