Verizon's Droid 2 Specs Leaked

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
osxier, enjoy playing how Steve says you can. I think I'll enjoy rooting my Droid, OCing to 1ghz, and loading whatever software I damn well please.

$amurai

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Hey, they fixed the keyboard! Some of my friends got the Droid because they wanted a physical keyboard, but when it's as bad as the original's is, why bother? This should be a great improvement.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
My "New every Two" comes up this Fall, and if the price (+service) is reasonable, I definitely see a Droid in my future; although I'll be watching Moorestown development closely...

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]When I said the Droid was shit compared to the iPhone 4,I knew my comment would incite the Anti-Apple crowd here. Look, I am a PC gamer through and through, hell thats why I read this site daily. Perhaps some of the other phones have better overall specs, but the iPhone has the best and most responsive GUI I have tried out of all the smart phones, that includes the Droid.And I am guessing many of you are PC gamers as well. Guess what? All the major games and development is for the Apple devices. Like it or not, if you call yourself a true gamer, you would have one already. So cry all your want about how the other phones are better. I think ill go enjoy a game of Street Fighter IV, Civilization Rev, Sim City or the countless other options I have...have fun playing with your limited options.[/citation]

Yeah its so funny when people think that the iphone is the best phone because steve jobs told them so. This is the same person that ate it up when papa jobs said that the iphone is gonna have a "retinal display". My Evo wipes the floor with the iphone4g and will be cheaper to operate with sprints fantastic data plan. So good luck with your countless options, but I can promise you that my options are better. Your not elite. Your not uber. You aint ish period. I have a daddy and it aint steve jobs you damn sheep. Continue to follow while others lead.

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... could care less...[/citation]

The correct cliche phrase is "couldn't care less". "Could care less" would mean that you are in fact capable of caring less than you do, so you do in fact care about the topic at hand.

Why do people use phrases they don't understand?

tearlach2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]When I said the Droid was shit compared to the iPhone 4,I knew my comment would incite the Anti-Apple crowd here. Look, I am a PC gamer through and through, hell thats why I read this site daily. Perhaps some of the other phones have better overall specs, but the iPhone has the best and most responsive GUI I have tried out of all the smart phones, that includes the Droid.And I am guessing many of you are PC gamers as well. Guess what? All the major games and development is for the Apple devices. Like it or not, if you call yourself a true gamer, you would have one already. So cry all your want about how the other phones are better. I think ill go enjoy a game of Street Fighter IV, Civilization Rev, Sim City or the countless other options I have...have fun playing with your limited options.[/citation]
A true gamer huh. Enjoy your PC games on a phone idiot. Your comment was an exercise in absurdity.

Listen buddy, if you were a real man would have just admitted you were a chump troll. Continuing on with your idiocy is just showing that you lack introspection completely.

tearlach2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I'm not done, you seem like a good case study on how to sell a fool anything. How much have you wasted on "apps" chump? And then what do you do with them, show them to friends like POGS?

My apologies but you are the cancer destroying society.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]B-Unit[/nom]osxier, enjoy playing how Steve says you can. I think I'll enjoy rooting my Droid, OCing to 1ghz, and loading whatever software I damn well please.[/citation]

all that "modding" really is fine and dandy, but it will eventually turn your phone unreliable.

i used to have the G1, which sucks hardware wise compaired to the current Android platform phones, but it is the same OS nonetheless.

If you sit around the house all day and have nothing better to do, then hack away by all means..

nionloz

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
I'm glad they haven't taken the ghz route in one sense. You'll get better battery life and yeah, what were you going to do with that extra 250mhz?

Then again though, with the desire/incredible/evo, we'll be routing it and controlling the frequencies ourselves; underclocking is better than overclocking, so I'll be enjoying for longer.

Also, yes, anyone that writes "I could care less" is a moron; I couldn't care less what happens to them.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Seems very underwhelming compared to the current smartphone offerings (HTC Evo, Desire, iPhone 4).

Also isn't rooting an Android phone the same as jailbreaking an iPhone......

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]I agree. No different in saying a pair of Logitech speakers weren't shit compared to a pair of BOSE. Just done untactful.[/citation]
lol

i rest my case. Does this dude even know that BOSE are just fancy, overpriced covers on philips tech? remind anyone of another business model?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Spec wise, its better than the iPhone 4. But I'm almost positive the iPhone 4 will sell at least 3 times better than this... shame too.[/citation]

How in the world is it better than the iPhone 4 spec wise? The ONLY thing that's better about this phone than the iPhone 4 is the size of the screen by a whopping .2 inches. iPhone has more internal storage, faster processor, front facing camera, and more. This phone really is really unimpressive when you compare it to the iPhone 4. I was expecting a lot more from the sequel to one of the best phones of 2009.

And beyond hardware I would still rather have iOS 4.0 than Droid 2.2 but that is just a personal preference. Being closed doesn't bother me, I can just jailbreak the device.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]santfu[/nom]nice comment. liked it. well reasoned argument. This apple thing is becoming frighteningly like religion. "thou shall put down all other products" "thou shall not question anything we make" "thou shall believe without question anything we say"[/citation]

I could regurgitate this comment word for word from the other side.

Thou shalt bash Apple without question. Thou shalt put down any Apple products. Thou shalt proclaim any non-Apple product is better than any Apple product. Thou shalt hate without question.

Sounds about right to me.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Well, it's not as goo as the iPhone4, the HTC Incredible, or the HTC EVO. The first droid is good. The second one from the looks of it is only mildly better. Way to go Motorola.

drakefyre

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
I can't stand Apple. But I couldn't care less about their products. I say, go competition! Just please make it a little less proprietary. As for the iPhone 4 vs. Droid 2, from the specs I've seen they're pretty similar. iPhone has a front facing camera, Droid 2 doesn't. Droid 2 has a card slot, iPhone doesn't. And I can't seem to find the iPhone processor speed anywhere.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
BTW, the iPhone is great. I never liked apple computers but their phones are truly masters of the smart phones. I believe you only hate the iPhone if you have never owned one.

Status
Not open for further replies.