Verizon's Droid 2 Specs Leaked

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]Now, if Motorola, HTC, Samsung, Sony, or any other manufacturer were to make the device you have described, the same army of rabidly stupid aplle fanbois would still be chanting osxier's 1st post in this thread. Hell, aplle can't even put a Core i7 into their desktop, so let's stop fantasizing :0 Mind you, all this aplle-bashing started when one person who is blindly stupid made a stupid post. About your comment about the Droid 2 being roughly equal to the 3GS, maybe you should do some research. At least my phone (Droid A855) doesn't crap out when I'm more than 25 feet away from the router.[/citation]
If HTC, Motorola, Samsung, or Sony could produce a phone like the one I mentioned I would get it in a heart beat. I dont like the iPhone because its form Apple, I like the iPhone because when I bought it it was the absolute best phone for the price that ATT offered. Also, I dont know what your talking about, I never compared the Droid to the 3GS, in fact i never once mentioned Droid or 3GS in my post at all. I compared the 3G iPhone to the HTC Tilt and the HTC Tilt2. Also, whats this crap about being next to the router? Thats a problem I have never once had.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]santfu[/nom]loli rest my case. Does this dude even know that BOSE are just fancy, overpriced covers on philips tech? remind anyone of another business model?[/citation]
Bose designed their speakers from the ground up. It doesn't use technology from Phillips or any other company. Everything inside those cabinets is 100% Bose. That being said, Bose speakers most certainly are the crappiest speakers on the market.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Every piece of hardware inside the Nexus One phone is superior to the hardware found inside the iPhone 4. Imagine just how much better the Evo is than the iPhone 4.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
It looks about the same, but withtout the d-pad. I don't see very good specs here. The A4 will be a better CPU and the screen is also nicer on the iphone 4. On top of that I am not big on a physical keyboard that wears out but to each his own (my orignal iphone 2g still looks/works brand new, friends droid has wore out keyboard). Also why does droid have the fear of the larger build int storage? Who wants to load anything from the slow access speed of microSD? Lot better phones coming out and this one will be overlooked.

G

Apple fanboy ahoy...

Give me a meego phone with decent hardware. Give me a phone with proper Android (wut? this r DRIOD ARTIKLE?! gtfo). Like that poster said some posts ago, root it, pump cpu to 1ghz, and drop anything you want on it.

Jailbreak iphone? What's that Apple? You don't like bottlenecking the capabilities of your own devices, and you like drenching cash from your customers? No. It kent be!11 - So you'll come out with firmware to stifle whatever attempts customers make to squeeze out the most juice from your product, using opensource/free software that comes at no cost to you (actually, at the benefit of buying your lame hardware).

Shame. Real shame.

What's the model of that Nokia phone that played Doom 3 far before iPhone was out of it's diapers? Brilliant stuff. Free package manager and software to enhance an already great experience with phones from vendors is what people should be shooting for. You have an applet I can buy that I want? No problem. They both work side by side? Now that is just win.

Apple has gone retarded with restriction, they are going to suffocate the market eventually.

G

Release date is speculated for around end of August or early September..... 750Mhz though????? come on moto.... dropping the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.