Verizon's Motorola DROID 3 Priced and Dated

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I think it's kind of stupid when they give you faster and faster devices with faster and faster internet access, but then at the same time they capped our internet data usage.
It's like, here's your new car(BMW) upgraded from Honda, but you are only allow to drive 100miles a month with it.

CTT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
How many people actually go over 2G a month? I have 200Mb data and I might hit 60Mb a month, but I do spend most of my time connected to wi-fi. Still seems like you'd have to work at hitting 2GB, unless it was used as a hot spot.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]CTT[/nom]How many people actually go over 2G a month? I have 200Mb data and I might hit 60Mb a month, but I do spend most of my time connected to wi-fi. Still seems like you'd have to work at hitting 2GB, unless it was used as a hot spot.[/citation]

I used to stream music via a app from SLacker. When I did that, I would hit well over 2GB a month.

Now I do about 1GB but I use my phone for GPS, quick info and so on.

I think the caps are pretty stupid honestly. Luckily I am still on unlimited but for how long is dependant on if Verizon tries to force me to change when I upgrade my phone. Hopefully not.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Yay for being Grandfathered in to unlimited data

Also, you can turn the 4G off to get much better battery life

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]Yay for being Grandfathered in to unlimited dataAlso, you can turn the 4G off to get much better battery life[/citation]

Until contract runs out and/or you get a new phone. Eventually they will get ya!!! lol

fusion_gtx

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Until contract runs out and/or you get a new phone. Eventually they will get ya!!! lol[/citation]

Actually this isn't accurate. I was speaking to a friend of mine who works in their call center and you can keep your unlimited plan for as long as you're with Verizon(at least for now). He said you just have to make sure you request to keep your unlimited plan when you're upgrading phones. I guess if you request it and your representative switches you to one of the tiered options, that representative is losing their job.

I might not like that they're switching away from the unlimited plan, but at least for now they aren't screwing over their customers that already have it so some props to Verizon.

JermsMalibu

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]CTT[/nom]How many people actually go over 2G a month? I have 200Mb data and I might hit 60Mb a month, but I do spend most of my time connected to wi-fi. Still seems like you'd have to work at hitting 2GB, unless it was used as a hot spot.[/citation]

I usually use just under 5GB a month. I think it's dumb that they make us to pay for the data, and then they complain about it and try to make us use wi-fi for any real use. Ummm...I'm paying for the wi-fi AND the 3G but you only want me to use wi-fi? Ok, then drop the 3G. It's also dumb that they are charging the same price for MUCH less data use now and expect people to be fine with it. They want the money without having to have the network to support what they're "selling".

JerseyFirefighter

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]tntom[/nom]I'm not going to pay for 4G data and not have 4G. Give it a cheaper data package for 3G.[/citation]

Data is all the same price whether it be 3g or 4g... if you still have unlimited great... if not tiered pricing you go. You can buy a 4g phone and use the 3g network till it makes its way around to you... the tech is 10x faster than 3g why wouldnt you want to have that the second its available in your area?

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]You really think Sprint is going to have unlimited data by the time the iphone hits?..lol Keep dreaming...[/citation]
If they want to regain market share they will... Sprint is the odd man out right now...

G

Sprint won't switch to tiered data plans because there is no reason to do so due to their data connections being so unbearably slow! The verizon metered plan winds up looking insanely good by comparison.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Too bad it's not 4G, specs (and physical keyboard) are good enough for my needs but no 4G is just pointless at the current time.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
It's nice that they made the Droid 3 more like the Droid X2. I have the Droid X and my wife has the Droid 2 and my phone has a lot more features than hers even though they are the same price. Looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.