Solved! Vertical line on my laptop screen screws perfomance

Slavi_1

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
This is what i'm talking about because i just can't explain it.

https://streamable.com/ezxar

Everytime i hover my cursor below the vertical line as you see in the video it becomes choppy and slow like my whole screen is 60 fps and below the vertical line is like 15-20.And it's not only the cursor itself , everything below the vertical line is choppy and slow and i don't know why.I broke my screen 1 week ago and had this line for one week but this never occured until now, can't play games , can't watch videos , can't watch movies because 1/2 of the screen is slow for some reason.

I've noticed when the screen is white or when i for example use youtube in white mode it doesn't lag but when something is black under the vertical line it's lagging for some reason. I've updated the drivers and the problem still occurs.Do i have to change LCD ? I never thought a vertical line can do this stuff like screwing perfomance or lagging.

Solution
It could be the display ribbon, display or the video chip.
Connecting it to an external monitor (TV) will help sort out which one might be faulty.
Those Thinkpads were really good, that is why that one still works after 10 years.

Slavi_1

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017

It's an old laptop , Lenovo T500

Don't have an external display around so i don't really know but the lines are always there, even in bios.

jojesa

Distinguished
It could be the display ribbon, display or the video chip.
Connecting it to an external monitor (TV) will help sort out which one might be faulty.
Those Thinkpads were really good, that is why that one still works after 10 years.

Solution