ShadiGhabboun

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Hi all

I have a sager p150hmx with core i7 2670qm and after about 1:30 hours playing battlefield or watch dogs the cpu temps are about 85-86 C while the gpu ( hd 6990m) only reaches the 83 C max ... I didn't apply a thermal paste ( arctic mx-4) but still high temp (after I applied the thermal paste the temps didn't exceed the 77 C but after about 3 days the temps went to around 85-86 so is my CPU dying ?! or what should I do to reduce temps ? and do you think the bios might do such thing coz I really cant find a bios update for this laptop

Edit : and I notice that the fan works but even when its very high temps its not that fast so I go for the fn+1 (fan boost ) key

thanks in advance

cynicalimpulse

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
How old is you laptop and when was the last time you cleaned the fans and such from dust?
If you already applied thermal paste and cleaned out the dust yet the heat is still that high, consider a Laptop cooling pad, you can get a pretty good one from coolermaster (the XPal slim) for about $20.

My laptop used a A10-4600m and used to hit over 90 Celsius while playing certain games, with the cooler i mentioned above i managed to bring temperatures down to about 75 to 80 celcius.

Hope this helps!

ShadiGhabboun

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

thanks for the reply ... I did change the thermal paste and cleaned the heatsink but as for the fan it has some dust on it but not that much as for the pad I have a Chinese one coz in my country the cooler master is about 75$ !!! but do you think the cpu is damaged or not ?!