Very Slow Boot Time and Wierd colored line during boot up on New Laptop

T3CHN0RRI5

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Hey Guys I just purchased a Dell inspiron 5567. It comes preloaded with Windows 10 Home and lots of other stuff. Only thing that has been bothering me is the seriously slow boot up time (around 2-3 minutes) which is quite slow compared to the 8 seconds my desktop handles with lower specs on Windows 8.1.
I've tried all listed methods from the Registry Edit to change EnableULPS to 0 to removing all high impact processes from the startup.
Also sometimes just randomly I see a single line along the breadth of the screen 2-3 inches from the right during Boot Up (When the Dell logo pops up , it also pops up twice and goes to a black screen which takes me to the lock screen of Windows)

P.S I'm leaving for college tomorrow and if I need to RMA it I need to know it today.

T3CHN0RRI5

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014

It works perfectly normal when booted up and running tho so that's what has been running through my mind all day.
It is probably a problem with Windows 10 itself?

herrwizo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
This laptop only has a slow mechanical HDD, not an SSD (your desktop most likely has an SSD). I have seen even longer boot times with such drives, no matter the other hardware. Especially if the preinstalled Windows you got are bloated with unneccesary software, as usually is the case. I would uninstall every piece of software you got on top of Windows except driver packages, which are required. That could help somewhat.

T3CHN0RRI5

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014

The Desktop is Ancient it's 9 years old and only recently did we switch the original HDD for a Seagate Barracuda so that's not the problem.
Btw I think I might have found my answer if the Restart time is very slow compared to shutdown and then turn on.
Honestly though I dont understand why this is the case.

Thanks a lot again =D