Very Strange Adware

Example

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hello everybody ! So today i turned on my computer And about 4 ads started playing - they were not a pop up or anything visual they were only audio about some czech guy talking how to make money, i check the volume mixer what was playing these ads and it turned out like this http:// . I tried running 3 malware scans from 3 different antimalware/virus programs.

If anyone has any idea how to solve this i would be really thankful

Have a nice day !

RCFProd

Honorable
Herald
Dec 8, 2013

How is that ''Just'' lol? Entirely wiping all of your drives and having to re-setup everything isn't something you ''just'' do. Especially not if 1 scan with Hitman Pro could solve all of his problems.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Haha no, it's not a small task. But if you have a small SSD C drive and a separate hard drive for storage, you don't have to do any backing up, you can just install OS, install drivers, install programs, and have a fresh OS. I do it about every two years anyway, but it does take up an entire afternoon.

I hope that the Hitman Pro scan works, I'm just saying that in the worst case scenario a windows re-install would do the trick.

FranzD

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
This is exactly the same as my problem (it's also a Java file causing the sounds). Sorry, I didn't see it on the forums so I made another topic. I ran a bunch of scans as well, AVG, ADWCleaner, MalwareBytes, TDSSKiller, Windows Defender and Defender found 4 Trojans which I deleted and it still happens.

I'm installing HitmanPro right now

RCFProd

Honorable
Herald
Dec 8, 2013
Hitman Pro always finds a way to do just a little bit more than most other programs. If it didn't work with 5-10 other malware scanning programs, it probably still would work with Hitman.

FranzD

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Ok, so I just finished the scan and Hitman Pro didn't find anything except for a bunch of tracking cookies in Chrome. The audio ads usually play when I boot up the computer in the morning (doesn't play it when I restart or open the computer in the afternoon), so I'm not sure yet. But I did run those scans yesterday and the ads still played this morning.

RCFProd

Honorable
Herald
Dec 8, 2013

Wouldn't the same solution apply for both users if a solution here was to be posted? He seems to have the exact same issue, so posting in the same thread didn't seem that bad of an idea to me.

bignastyid

Splendid
The issues maybe similar but they might have different solutions. FranzD can follow the thread and follow the steps provided to Example but once he starts posting more questions specfic to his issue it needs its own thread. If this were a discussion thread it would be ok but this is a question thread.