Via Chip 1394 PCI card and my MSI mobo. Good friends?

n00blet73

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
So I'm reasonably confident that this card would work but as I'm a bit nervous I want to confirm.

Now that my new pc is built I have about 40 mini DV cassettes that I need to upload to my hard drive. Yeah, I could send these out to a conversion studio but while I'm certain of what the content is on a variety of the tapes.....some I'm not so sure if they're exactly "PG".

So I'm looking to use the Via Chip 3+1 port PCI controller card to hook up my camcorder to my PC. You can view the card on Amazon here.

I've only got the gpu in the mobo so the slotting isn't a problem. I'm also aware that there seems to be an issue with Win 10 64 bit playing nice with the older 1394 drivers. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

My primary question now is one of compatibility. The card should work in the PC just fine, right?

Like I said, I'm a Nervous Nellie. Haven't worked with this stuff in over a decade.

Thanks!

For a complete build spec you can check it out here.

n00blet73

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015

I saw that but one of the questions was if it worked with Win 10 and the response was positive. I guess for >$10 I can take the risk.

Thanks.

Solution