VIA Wants iPad, iPhone Banned in USA

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@Yoder54

...produces 'what is perceived to be' quality merchandise and....

there you go fixed it for you, majority of Apple stuff are bolted together in China, i believe we can agree anything made in China can't have the the word good quality associated with it

doesn't matter how much R&D you sink into a product (and i do wonder how much money was sunk into developing rounded of square buttons in a grid...) if the guy who's bolting your stuff together is an underpaid overworked unmotivated person then quality is not part of that equation, but i guess that where marketing plays into the equation

i do wonder how many marketing folks and lawyers Apple employs

end Rant.....lol

darknate

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
RazberyBandit - technically apple went to samsung to design the A4.

Apple A4 is based on the ARM processor architecture.The first version released runs at 1 GHz for the iPad and contains an ARM Cortex-A8 CPU core paired with a PowerVR SGX 535 graphics processor built on Samsung's 45-nanometer (nm) silicon chip fabrication process.
The Cortex-A8 core used in the A4 is thought to use performance enhancements developed by chip designer Intrinsity (which was subsequently acquired by Apple) in collaboration with Samsung.The resulting core, dubbed "Hummingbird", is able to run at far higher clock rates than other implementations while remaining fully compatible with the Cortex-A8 design provided by ARM.Other performance improvements include additional L2 cache. The same Cortex-A8 CPU core used in the A4 is also used in Samsung's S5PC110A01 SoC

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]HappyBB[/nom]I do hope VIA will win and the judge will ban sales of all Apple's products in the US!![/citation]

That would do wonders for the US economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.