VIDEO: A Walk-through of Nintendo's Wii U Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon21b

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Whenever a manufacturer spends that much time in a demo talking about ways to get "software Updates" I begin to get this queasy feeling...

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
Well, Nintendo changed the paradigm of game control more then once. Can they do it again? It looks interesting.

And to all those that will just come in and say "It will still have terrible graphics," they are not targeting that audience, so don't bother.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I actually think this Wii U remote/controller thing is pretty cool. As long as developers use the remote to its full extent, I think the Wii U could be a runaway success like the original Wii was. Batman and the new Super Mario looked quite good, but some of the games in there did look like fillers. If implemented correctly, the Wii U's remote could be a way for Nintendo to take away sales from the PS4 and XBOX 720 (whenever they're released) that is if the remote offers a distinct advantage while playing over the other systems.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I have 3 big issues with the walk-through video:

Playing up the D-Pad from the NES days.

Playing up the A, B, X, Y buttons from the SNES days.

Lastly, saying that rumble has been standard since the N64. Umm, no. Rumble was not standard with the N64. It was a Rumble Pack you had to BUY separately.

But I do think, as long as developers take full advantage of the controller, we will have some really interesting games.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]RabidFace[/nom]I have 3 big issues with the walk-through video:playing up the D-Pad from the NES days.Playing up the A, B, X, Y buttons from the SNES days.Lastly, saying that rumble has been standard since the N64. Umm, no. Rumble was not standard with the N64. It was a Rumble Pack you had to BUY separately.But I do think, as long as developers take full advantage of the controller, we will have some really interesting games.[/citation]

well the d pad dont work on xbox so it could be a direct challenge to windows roffle. and although rumble did not come with the controller it had support for at least all of my games and more or less all n64 games.

wiggers

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]RabidFace[/nom]... saying that rumble has been standard since the N64. Umm, no. Rumble was not standard with the N64. It was a Rumble Pack you had to BUY separately.But I do think, as long as developers take full advantage of the controller, we will have some really interesting games.[/citation]

The N64 was the first system to introduce it to the mass market, and since then it has been a standard on all major consoles. So even though it wasn't standard on the N64, it has been a standard since - exactly what was said.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
They said they would target both the casual and hardcore gaming markets with the Wii U, but all they showed in the latter department were old ports of current gen games. I want to know what's inside the thing and how much more capable than the current consoles it is first. Yeah yeah, graphics don't make games, but they certainly add longevity, look at the poor state Wii game releases recently (even before the U announcement).

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Most of the graphics shown (for the games that are supposed to look good) look about as good as what was on my PC over 5 yrs ago. AA looks pretty much non existent which is typical of the console. Graphics aren't everything but I hope the hardware is at least capable of much more or they are already behind the curve before the thing is even out. Maybe I am just spoiled by my PC but consoles just look awful to me and this doesn't look much improved over the last generation of consoles.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]wiggers[/nom]The N64 was the first system to introduce it to the mass market, and since then it has been a standard on all major consoles. So even though it wasn't standard on the N64, it has been a standard since - exactly what was said.[/citation]
Disagree. Check you definition of the word "since". if I say I have been an adult since 1980, then that means I was an adult since 1980. Not that I was an adult sometime after 1980, at which time I wasn't an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.