VIDEO: Accept Credit Cards With Your Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddybey

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Most definitely. I try to live as paperless as possible and this is one step closer to living that dream. This is something that we were just discussing at a recent yard sale. If we could have accepted credit cards some of the items we were selling would have sold that didn't. Cheers to progression...

kobbra

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Man this is like the most absolute like totally awsome idea and... oh f..k I forgot, I don't have a credit card

kavic

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
This would be really good for people with small businesses as well, going to your clients house and having the option for them to pay right then and there with there debit or credit card. Something I will be watching very closely as I could use it.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
I can think of a number of times I wanted to donate money to a charity set up in front of walmart of wherever, and I didn't have any cash. This would totally solve that problem for charities, because now they will be able to take plastic payments and instantly be able to process them.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Wow, something to make the iPhone useful? Apple will have to deny the app, it's too forward looking for a "Can't cut and paste" type of mentality such as Apple's!

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
No way am I swiping my credit card on someone's phone at a garage sale. I'm sure there's a way to capture card details on the iPhone for later use. You just need another app running in the background that records any data transmitted from the card swipe.

No thanks.

9d3tsi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
It is in fact an interesting concept.

However, It would be way to easy to exploit. Wireless anything + credit card = bad idea. Even if the user/owner isn't exploiting it. Someone near by could easily.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]No way am I swiping my credit card on someone's phone at a garage sale. I'm sure there's a way to capture card details on the iPhone for later use. You just need another app running in the background that records any data transmitted from the card swipe.No thanks.[/citation]

hehehe
Where you can be safe in that side, iphone can run 2 things at once!!!
it just a beauty pageant queen

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
lol I guess I am a little old school. All I see is a device that I can mod to change my Credit card strip so say what ever I want. Free Money!!!

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]9d3tsi[/nom]It is in fact an interesting concept.However, It would be way to easy to exploit. Wireless anything + credit card = bad idea. Even if the user/owner isn't exploiting it. Someone near by could easily.[/citation]
hehehe
Well you can be safe in that side, iphone can't run 2 things at once!!!
it just a beauty pageant queen

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
The USA needs chip and PIN before anyone should ever anywhere at all absolutely ever consider anything remotely in the region of something even slightly similar to this in any tangible or non-tangible way at all, full stop. For that reason; This is a bad idea. Bring it over the UK though, we have C&PIN

G

@aracheb
Iphone/Ipod Touch is running a lot of processes at the same time. Just do a "ps -ef" on the Terminal of a jailbreaked device, and you will see lots of them. So it's possible to have another process on background doing nasty things.

Status
Not open for further replies.