Video Editing Software for Youtube Gaming

mk04

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
*Wasn't sure if I should put this here, or in the video games section..*

Hello, I was hoping to get some advice by users on here regarding software I can buy/download to enhance my gameplay for better viewing.

I'm currently using Windows Movie Maker, and it's a great tool for something that's free. I can compress, make my thumbnails, cut, edit, etc. But, I'm realizing that the quality could be better. The quality is decent right now but at times there are those pixel boxes that come up every now and then. I know it's not my computer specs, so I'm guessing it has to do with the file when it's being compressed. So my question is, is there a software I can buy or download that can make my games' overall quality better? I don't do anything advanced such as heavy editing since I straight up record my gameplays through FRAPS and just upload it.

I was looking at the Sony Movie Studio, or the Platinum one since I don't need anything too crazy. It's not like I plan on becoming a professional video editor or anything like that. I'm mainly just focusing on the quality when it compresses as it can degrade a bit. Also, the Sony Movie Studio is in a decent price range ($50-80) that I'm willing to spend for better quality. Other products are recommended too and when you do recommend one, please explain as to why you think it'll be good.

One last thing, if anyone has used the Sony Movie Studio before, what exactly does the "number of video tracks" mean? The basic version is limited to 10. Does that mean I can only merge 10 videos at once? Or only save 10 videos in the entire program? If anyone can clarify that, it'd be appreciated as well. Thanks for your time.

Solution
Strike two for me, I have no gaming experience. I have experience using Adobe Premiere Pro but that is probably overkill for what you want and is available now only as a subscription unless you find a CS6 or older version. It is also a bit pricey. I have used Corel VideoStudio X5 and X6 and they may be suitable for what you are doing. Another option would be Adobe Premiere Elements but I haven't used that in years so I can't comment on the latest version.
Ten video tracks means you have ten tracks stacked one on top of another. In other words you can have 10 clips stacked one on top of another. Imagine you have ten bricks and stack one on top of the other. Each brick would represent a different track. Another example is if you wanted to put a logo on your videos, you would put your videos on track 1 and the logo on track 2 (the order may vary depending on the software used). Tracks are pretty much common to video editing software regardless of whether it is from Sony, Corel, Pinnacle or any of the others.

It does not mean you can only merge 10 video clips at once or save 10 videos in the entire program.

I wish I could recommend a program for you but since I have not used Sony Movie Studio I can't compare it to the other programs available.

mk04

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

Thanks for replying. And yes, I've come to realize through my other thread that that's what the 10 tracks refer to. The input of different media one would like to add. And hey, as for recommendations, as long as you have some experience with any software (preferably for gaming), then I'm open to any suggestions.

Strike two for me, I have no gaming experience. I have experience using Adobe Premiere Pro but that is probably overkill for what you want and is available now only as a subscription unless you find a CS6 or older version. It is also a bit pricey. I have used Corel VideoStudio X5 and X6 and they may be suitable for what you are doing. Another option would be Adobe Premiere Elements but I haven't used that in years so I can't comment on the latest version.

Solution

mk04

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

Ah, I see. Alright, thank you for your input though. And yeah, I've done research on the Premiere Pro as well as Sony Vegas Pro and feel like they're overkill, as well as too expensive as of now. I might invest time and money into them in the future though. But, I will check out the Corel VideoStudio. Thanks