VIDEO: First iPad Commercial Airs During Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Marketing to people who have plenty of time on their hands and money to spare!

Next commercial will come on during the red carpet reviews to hit the ignorant audience!

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
It was a slick commercial and made the device look real appealing, but it went pretty fast so it was hard to follow what they were doing. I don't think the device will really work that fast and I want to watch the youtube vid so I can stop it and study the screen periodically.

(Not that I want to buy one but I want to know how they work for comparison purposes.)

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Looks superb! This thing's going to be a hit. I wish they'd put a webcam into it though and allowed video conferencing. It'd be perfect for my granny then and would make video chats with her a snitch. I'm still thinking of getting one but only if they'll be available well subsidised with a 3G contract.

janus08

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Regardless of what I think about this product, Apple will undoubtedly sell a gazillion units during the first week it goes on sale. Believe the Apple hype - they can do no wrong!! Next, Apple will shift its focus to reinventing another familiar electronic device - behold...the iWatch. Just like the iPhone but with a fantastic 1.5" screen that....fits on your wrist. Amazing.

janus08

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Regardless of what I think about this product, Apple will undoubtedly sell a gazillion units during the first week it goes on sale. Believe the Apple hype - they can do no wrong!! Next, Apple will shift its focus to reinventing another familiar electronic device - behold...the iWatch. Just like the iPhone but with a fantastic 1.5" screen that....fits on your wrist. Amazing.

realitycheck_18

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
It's an exciting time for Apple haters! Another opportunity to call people ignorant and feel superior, with no basis. Meanwhile Apple will roll out a big hit that hits a new market spot on.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I love how they show the guy ready to type then quickly move on before he can actually type. Perhaps because without real feedback for key feel it'd be a pain in the ass to type?

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]realitycheck_18[/nom]It's an exciting time for Apple haters! Another opportunity to call people ignorant and feel superior, with no basis. Meanwhile Apple will roll out a big hit that hits a new market spot on.[/citation]

By "new market" do you mean people with poor vision that can't read an iPod Touch screen? Because otherwise there's nothing new about it.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Ok, seems I'm wrong in my comments above. Those of you voting me down feel free to enlighten me on what's new about it. Unless you're referring to the e-reader part in which case that market has existed for quite some time.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]abowlofsoda[/nom]I'm getting one. I'm not an Apple fanboy by any means.Are you mad?[/citation]

I have no reason to be mad, I just think I'm better than you for not wanting to buy one

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
It was a good commercial, but Apple always has good marketing. It's the only reason they have increased their position in the computer market.

As for me, I'm still far from interested. I'm really enjoying my Ipod touch I got for Christmas. I have no reason to get one with a larger screen...

If I'm going to buy something that large, it better have the full functionality of a computer.

drakefyre

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Unfortunately it's probably going to be a hit. I don't really get the true appeal, but that was an awesome commercial that made it look really, really good. I'd like something with Win7 though.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I will never buy Apple. None of their hand held devices are upgradable (cant replace battery or increase memory). Want more memory for your iPhone?...you have to get a new phone. Want more memory for that iPod?...to bad, got to get a new iPod.... Good luck getting new batteries.. Screw that.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I will never buy Apple. None of their hand held devices are upgradable (cant replace battery or increase memory). Want more memory for your iPhone?...you have to get a new phone. Want more memory for that iPod?...to bad, got to get a new iPod.... Good luck getting new batteries.. Screw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.