Video: Microsoft Releases Halo Legends Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]than why comment on an article about a game you don't even like?[/citation]
Because negative comments help gauge what the writer should write about next. If 99% of the comments said "Less Halo more iPhone App release notices" guess what, they'll concentrate on keeping up with App store more than they will Halo.

I'm not a fan of Halo's storyline but I was more turned off by the generic FPS gameplay. Maybe they did a good job on the storyline for this!

Is Red Vs. Blue still alive? I stopped watching right around the Halo 2 conversion.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]laytons[/nom]halo is just an unoriginal story thats being pushed to its limits.[/citation]

If by "unoriginal" you mean "was an homage to Ender's Game and was one of the best stories behind an FPS" then yes. Or did you not read the wonderful Fall of Reach?

This is definitely not the same quality as The Animatrix or the Batman anime compilation, but it may also be half worth watching given the studios involved.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
What was with that flute in the music? I know its just a trailor but does anyone else think this destroys the darker badassery that, to me, the Halo universe is known for? It just seems too...kiddie?

PS Ender's Game is the greatest Sci-fi book of all time, and it's sequels are amazing. I hope to God they never get crappy movie remakes.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Yep, I'll purchase this. I've played and enjoyed the games, read the trilogy series, purchased the audio books and look forward to this.

Although, "8 secs footage/2 minutes credits" comment made the trailer less of a teaser than an irritant.

G

Looks very nice drawn;a bit in the likes of Titan AE!
It could become a good story!

skykaptain

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I'm tired of all this anime BS. Why can't people stick with regular animation or do CGI? Just my $.02 I'm not a big fan of anime, always thought it looked to "unnatural" for me, not as cool. Just my opinion.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]griffed88[/nom]What was with that flute in the music? I know its just a trailor but does anyone else think this destroys the darker badassery that, to me, the Halo universe is known for? It just seems too...kiddie?PS Ender's Game is the greatest Sci-fi book of all time, and it's sequels are amazing. I hope to God they never get crappy movie remakes.[/citation]

Okay, I didn't realize there were Ender's Game sequels.... Holy Cow. That was an awesome book. I might have to go hunt those sequels down now. :)

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
So many anime rip offs it hurts. EVA, Gundam Seed, Macros, Gasaraki, Fist of the North Star. That a lightsaber battle in there too?

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]griffed88[/nom]Ender's Game is the greatest Sci-fi book of all time, and it's sequels are amazing. I hope to God they never get crappy movie remakes.[/citation]

Eh. Not so much on Xeno, Speaker of the Dead was okay. Card's been going a little batty.

[citation][nom]skykaptain[/nom]I'm tired of all this anime BS. Why can't people stick with regular animation or do CGI? Just my $.02 I'm not a big fan of anime, always thought it looked to "unnatural" for me, not as cool. Just my opinion.[/citation]

Not as cool? Are you kidding me? You must have never seen: Cowboy Bebop, The Animatrix, Hellsing, Escaflowne, etc. I'd like to see any American animation create something as badass as Spike or Alucard. CGI is even worse as far as looking "uncool."

[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]So many anime rip offs it hurts. EVA, Gundam Seed, Macros, Gasaraki, Fist of the North Star. That a lightsaber battle in there too?[/citation]

So you know your anime, but not enough to know that half the shows you listed were created by the studios working on this project?

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]So you know your anime, but not enough to know that half the shows you listed were created by the studios working on this project?[/citation]

So they're just not TRYING? Glad we cleared that up

tryceo

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Is this Microsoft's make-up for the Halo movie, cause it sucks... The Warcraft Movie was just annouced, and I can tell that it is way better than this anime piece of shit... Stop making useless animes for little 5 year olds and start making real movies... This isn't the Naruto series, this is Halo, the best selling game on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.