VIDEO: Nokia Uses the Lumia 900 to Hammer Nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

_TuxUser_

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
Good that Nokia has made a instruction film showing how you can use the Lumia if you waisted money on buying one.

G

Why doesn't he use the same nail for screen testing and when hammering it in the wood?

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
[citation][nom]_TuxUser_[/nom]Good that Nokia has made a instruction film showing how you can use the Lumia if you waisted money on buying one.[/citation]
You do know that the Lumia 900 is probably one of the cheapest smartphones you can get your hands on these days, right? $99 on contract (or $49 if you get it from Amazon) is a steal... An unlocked one is expensive (€600 in Portugal, a bit cheaper than SGS2 LTE and SGS3), yes, but the US subsidized phones are incredibly cheap (it's not yet available from carriers).

Sure, you might actually mean all WP7.5 phones are crap, and thus it's a waste of money anyway, but that's your opinion.

Back on track, this seems quite impressive, though I'd like to see close-ups of the screen, to check just how well the glass reacted (basically, if there were minor bumps and scratches after the ordeal). In any case, however, if the phone is still working after being hammered away a few times, it seems at least it has a solid build, right?

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
[citation][nom]__Miguel_[/nom]the US subsidized phones are incredibly cheap (it's not yet available from carriers).[/citation]
Ups, pressed send too early. I meant to say it's not available from carriers in Portugal. Why has the Edit button disappeared in the forum? It used to be easy to correct these mistakes...

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Nice... but the iFanboys won't buy it cause it's not "magical"....[/citation]

It isn't Magical because it is made by Microsoft and Microsoft isn't magical. Microsoft just sucks.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]It isn't Magical because it is made by Microsoft and Microsoft isn't magical. Microsoft just sucks.[/citation]
Which explains why at least 80% of all computer users use Microsoft Windows..Neither Apple or Microsoft are magical. Obviously.
And why would they be?

Strunf

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]It isn't Magical because it is made by Microsoft and Microsoft isn't magical. Microsoft just sucks.[/citation]
I must have miss something cause according to my knowledge the Lumia 900 is made by NOKIA and NOKIA hasn't been bought by MS... yet!

G

[citation0[nom]memadmax[/nom]Nice... but the iFanboys won't buy it cause it's not "magical"....[/citation]

...and the Android cry babies won't buy it either, because it doesn't facilitate piracy or viewing pirated content.

G

[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Nice... but the iFanboys won't buy it cause it's not "magical"....[/citation]

I made a typo in my previous statement that broke the quote, so I decided to fix it and post it again.

You're welcome.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The head on the nail he hammered in is much much bigger than the head on the nail he was hitting the phone with.

Bigger head - bigger surface area to dissipate the impact.

Still impressive however, just a bit deceiving.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
"Nokia Uses the Lumia 900 to Hammer Nails"

It was about goddamn time ! Finally I can throw all those cumbersome hammers away.
Thank you Nokia !

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
When I first started watching the video somewhere else without a text explanation, my heart sank down to my stomach. haha

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]dab_du[/nom]Why doesn't he use the same nail for screen testing and when hammering it in the wood?[/citation]
Probably because he caused the tip of the nail to be blunt, which makes it even harder to go into wood. Though it is true that he didn't hit it full force, but it's also true there is no way to drive the nail all the way in with the phone due to the lack of leverage and weight on the phone.

_TuxUser_

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
[citation][nom]Strunf[/nom]I must have miss something cause according to my knowledge the Lumia 900 is made by NOKIA and NOKIA hasn't been bought by MS... yet![/citation]

The Lumia 900 is as you say made by Nokia, which is the first WP device they ever made. Having mr Elop as CEO is the closes thing to be bought without being that. The whole thing is killing Nokia, loosing 82% of it's market shares to keep microsoft in the game for a year or two longer, it's not worth it, specially when the new "better" phones has less features than the old "outdated" ones, which can made to run a 42MP camera (microsoft is still out for maybe having a driver out for the camera around Q2 2013).

[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Before Apple manipulated the results, Siri lists this phone as the best smartphone![/citation]

Issue is more that Apple had picked a bad source and those getting a false result, I can agree on that Apple did choose a bad "new" answer, but everyone has the same right as Microsoft to spread lies to try to keep up their market shares (if you seen those blog-posts about WP outselling iPhone in China, it's just a myth, WP sells really badly in China for reasons as it don't have enough applications for the Chinese market and the two biggest carriers has been alienated by both Nokia and microsoft, so they don't sell WP, the phone which most Chinese buy is Android based units, but still iPhone has become a over glorified status symbol).

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I don't understand all the hate on WP 7.5. Sure, I can justify the hate on Windows 8, but seriously, has anyone even used the phones? Granted, my HTC 7 Trophy is slower than an iPhone and has a pretty lame "app store" (Marketplace) but honestly, I love it. The interface is simplistic yet still great looking.
And besides, I don't see why anyone would buy a phone to download apps (primarily those that are gaming-related)..A phone is meant for calling/texting and that's about it. Yeah, E-Mail and web browsing too in the case of smartphones. But seriously, they ALREADY have a short battery life, and nearly everyone who buys an iPhone practically buys it for the games available on the app store.

Status
Not open for further replies.