VIDEO: The Special Forces Raid on Kim Dotcom's Mansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
It takes an entire army to take down one nerd. Apparently all those RPG power leveling sessions must make us powerful in real life too.

G

Waste resources with extreme prejudice, gentlemen! This man runs a web-based business!!

jarred125

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
[citation][nom]metalmania31[/nom]JHC, Jackson, hate America much. Learn how to read.[/citation]

I think he *listened* to the video which stated that the FBI was involved with planning and on the grounds.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
my guess is they wanted it to be a spectacle to dissuade any 1 else from creating the next .com empire. total overkill, illegal warrants this is typical of the way pirates are gonna be treat in the future. basically coperations making there own laws and then sorting it out after... chances are the guy will now have good leagal grounds on which to fight his case and will probably get away with it... then in a few months years he suddenly dies in a car accident...

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]That is a big show of force....[/citation]

On occasion these types of over-kill raids are also semi-training sessions. The co-ordination for a raid like this takes tons of training. Good times!

metalmania31

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Ok, but were the Special Forces American? I didn't watch the vid. Look stealing copy righted material has been going on for long time it's just much easier now and if you were the content creator you should be up in arms over these thieves. So I have no sympathy for them(thieves). But clearly the people involved in this case are making an example out him.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
[citation]yet those present were armed with semi-automatic weapons[/citation]

This seems a silly statement -- should they have been carrying bolt-action weapons instead?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]greatsaltedone[/nom][citation]yet those present were armed with semi-automatic weapons[/citation]This seems a silly statement -- should they have been carrying bolt-action weapons instead?[/citation]The media does this crap all the time. Especially hilarious to see on local TV news.

"Oh noes, semi-automatic firearms! I don't know what that means, but it sure sounds scary! I'm picturing Rambo with a machine gun while I'm reading this news report off the teleprompter with considerably less teleprompter-reading-talent than the President!"

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
There you have it. Right at 2:27, he says without out a doubt how they managed to nab him.

He had his shields down. Every nerd knows you put your shields up in an emergency.

G

Haha his kids are in the house and he runs and hides in a safe room. Glad he's not my dad.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]Couldn't a couple officers just knock on his door and serve the warrent lol[/citation]
I dont know why but I picture him sitting in his saferoom doing the Kids in the Hall bit holding up his thumb and saying, "There nobody home."

G

The Aussie Police were trying to impress the FBI.
Citizens are now in more peril from the Police than
from criminals!!! This kind of Law Enforcement behavior
is going to get much worse and more common.
Don't believe me, then examine the new laws that
Democratic Governments are passing without their
citizens consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.