VIDEO: Woz Lines Up Overnight for iPad 3 at California Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

seels

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Apple is so amazing. They've revolutionized the entire industry, and they are simply the best company out there. My MacBook Pro and iPhone and new iPad 3 are just the most amazing products I've ever used. Steve Jobs is the best human being to ever live.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
He wanted to feel like a moron and wait in line. I guess we all like to be moronic now and then. Hows that for an apple bash? I could go on and on and on and on.

plznote

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
^While Apple's products aren't as bad as people say, Steve Jobs was not in any case the best human being ever to live.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Steve Jobs is the best human being to ever live.[/citation]
Not anymore :)
So what's the deal with The Woz, is he trying to set himself up as an unofficial heart & soul of Apple now that Satan has reclaimed his favourite?

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Tab54o[/nom]He wanted to feel like a moron and wait in line. I guess we all like to be moronic now and then.[/citation]
I feel the same for the people like this just after noon on Thanksgiving Day. Difference is that it blows my mind that these people do what they do on a day that is supposed to symbolize and represent family. With relation to the Woz for waiting in line, perhaps that is like he said just a tradition, and so be it. I'm more interested in the fact that he chooses the route your average Joe must if they wanted the said device, rather that being express shipped one due to inside connections (even if it is an Apple product).

xkche

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Ohh people... yo cannot wait a few days?... are just the desire to spend money.

The funny thing is that is not my money o my time lost on line.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Apple is so amazing. They've revolutionized the entire industry, and they are simply the best company out there. My MacBook Pro and iPhone and new iPad 3 are just the most amazing products I've ever used. Steve Jobs is the best human being to ever live.[/citation]
I'm sure he's being sarcastic guys... rate him up. Also to seels himself, if you are saying what you believe you realize you're on Tom's right? 95% of us dislike Apple products, and I would say at least 20% of us hate them with a burning passion. Also, Wozniak is the only Apply fanboy I respect. Most of them are just trying to be hip. Steve (not Jobs) actually has a real reason to like the products.

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Apple is so amazing. They've revolutionized the entire industry, and they are simply the best company out there. My MacBook Pro and iPhone and new iPad 3 are just the most amazing products I've ever used. Steve Jobs is the best human being to ever live.[/citation]
....for me to poop on

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Apple makes solid products. The iPad 3 has the best screen out there with the best graphics chip on any tablet. The price is expensive at $400 for the cheapest one, but there is quite a bit of R&D that goes into something like this... Amazon isn't making much(if anything, not counting R&D dollars) on their Fire even though the specs aren't as good as the iPad3.

People buy Apple products because it has good support(what other tablet maker has walk-in stores?) with a strong ecosystem. Enthusiasts generally don't like it due to the 'closed' ecosystem, but even Android doesn't let you do everything and is slightly riskier when downloading apps outside of the market.

I wish I had an Apple store nearby just to see the screen on that thing... Higher res than my 24" 1080p monitor I'm using right now...

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
No, i don't think the average real people would line up all night just to get an ipad. I find SW a bit odd, not in the derogatory sense. Someone else would be perched high in his ivory tower, but not SW. He's so down-to-earth, fun guy.

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Apple makes solid products. The iPad 3 has the best screen out there [/citation]

Best screen made by SAMSUNG to be more exact!!!!!!! The same company that Apple is suing too, go figure.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
@ John_e:

It doesn't matter who manufactures the screen or the components inside of the product, it is how it is implemented which counts. Many manufactures of any product uses other companies for source. Sony for example, does not use Sony made memory in their PS3 nor is the CPU made by Sony, its a Toshiba/IBM CPU.

What Apple is suing or who is not relevant to the product they designed.

Ohmybad

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
of all the terrible news it's about a loner apple exec standing in line for his own product... lets see bill gates stand inline for the release of windows 8?

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]@ John_e: It doesn't matter who manufactures the screen or the components inside of the product, it is how it is implemented which counts. Many manufactures of any product uses other companies for source. Sony for example, does not use Sony made memory in their PS3 nor is the CPU made by Sony, its a Toshiba/IBM CPU.What Apple is suing or who is not relevant to the product they designed.[/citation]
Bad example considering Sony actually was part of the joint development group that created the cell cpu architecture. You know, the same one the PS3 uses? Way to feed the stereotype that Apple users are sheeple buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.