VIDEO: Xbox 720 Makes Appearance in Real Steel Movie

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
xbox720_4.jpg

Xbox-720.jpg

... it's fun to speculate. :ange:

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]this is news?[/citation]
Was thinking the same thing....

It's a movie that takes place in the near future, so they decided to do 720, as most people could relate to it.

The only place this belongs is on the IMDB message boards.

Of course a new XBOX is in the works, not sure why everyone feels like they NEED to know all the exact details. When they are ready to say something they will.

We can already speculate that of course it will be at least 2x more powerful if not more, than the 360.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]mchuf[/nom]Since most games are designed for console (mostly Xbox 360) specs, leaving pc games as the "red-headed stepchild" of gaming, most AAA pc games will be console ports at least for the near future. And you can see more and more pc games are leaving out a lot of customizable settings because of that. So most pc games aren't really that much better looking than their console counterparts. The fact that pc hardware is superior to console hardware, even future console hardware, is meaningless. Yes, I play great pc only games, but those are increasingly being niche or indy titles. The majority of AAA games play as and look just as good on consoles compared to the pc version. Why spend $150 - $200 every two to three years to upgrade your gaming rig, when you can buy a console that will play the same games for 5 years? Now if most of these games were being developed for the pc first and then ported to consoles, then my opinion would be entirely different.[/citation]

Games tend to look better on PC than consoles. For PC gamers, the difference is noticeable since we are up close to the monitor and we get to see every detail. You don't need to upgrade your PC every few years. If I play Source games, will I need to upgrade from a GTX 460 or HD 5770 to a GTX 580 or 6970? No I won't need to (even the GTX 460 and HD 5770 are a bit overkill). Some people still use their GeForce 9,8, and 7 series GPUs and they perform pretty well for old cards. And for consoles, costs add up. For Xbox, you need to spend $60 a year for online gaming. PC gaming requires no online fee and the money you save adds up. Consoles also have accessories which people buy (Xbox 360 has wireless adapters for the older consoles, Kinect, Move, and so on). Chances are, the price adds up to the cost of a gaming PC. PC gamers don't need accessories like those. Also, the cost of PCs are a few hundred dollars. A console is usually $300. Add those up, and you can build your own mid-high end gaming that will play games better than a console and still last. PC gaming isn't meant to max out every game. You can tone down a few things and still have your PC last just as long, if not longer, than consoles.

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Oh so its just an ad on a wall huh. This dont say anything on a release date but it seems that E3 2012 will have news on this.

Theres a BING ad too. I remember when MS said BING was the most intelligent browser ever back in 07-08 lol. They never change.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
As Mr. Parrish implied, it's a violation of Trademark Law for a company to use somebody else's logo in a movie without their permission... Since I've not seen any evidence yet of Microsoft filing a lawsuit against the makers, I think it's safe to say that Microsoft granted permission here. Likely just to use the logo, though, and probably didn't specify the name.
[citation][nom]Dark Comet[/nom]The 720 is just a fan name anyway. Its just a little thing the film team have added in because in 2020 we will sadly still be on the 8th generation of consoles...[/citation]
Don't underestimate "fan names;" after all, that's how the 3DS got its name; Nintendo at first noted it was an "internal name," but after finding how popular it was with people, they decided to keep it and make it official. Overall, I think that this name stands a very high chance of being adopted into being official. The only solid alternative might be the 1080, though that would rely on the console being potent enough to handle more-detailed titles at 1080p natively, when the 360 couldn't even truly handle 720p. (and the PS3? It could natively do 720p, but not use AA+HDR)

[citation][nom]mchuf[/nom]Why spend $150 - $200 every two to three years to upgrade your gaming rig, when you can buy a console that will play the same games for 5 years[/citation]
You were doing allright until you mentioned this clear misconception; remember that, until the current lag, you had to look at replacing your console every 5 years. In truth, you can EASILY get away with going the same gap between PC upgrades.

G

darkchazz 10/07/2011 11:05 AM
Just get it out asap so we can advance in the graphics department.

or you could join the PC gaming crowd and enjoy graphics better than anything a console can and will be able to put out... along with better online, controls, mods, etc etc.

G

Wow, i can't believe you are all fighting over this. Your such nerds, it was just on a wall in the stupid movie. I didn't even have to see it to know that your all idiots.

G

K pc users you know you can't stand playing your games on your outdated machines. The moment a new component gets announced, youre lightsaber is up on eBay. Just like how we console gamers drool for the new system. The only difference is that we have about 6-7 years to save for it.

G

The Biggest reason I would keep my 360 over a pc is that all my friends play xbox and there are still xbox-exlusives. Otherwise I am alright with its graphics and the $60 fee to play online stings. I just don't understand why other 360 owners tend to be such fanboys. I have two dead xboxs sitting in the room with me and I just had to fix another one last night. I'm sure most PCs don't burn out like that. Sometime I'll get a gaming LAPTOP that will put out better gfx than my xbox.

G

its just a joke.... XBOX 720 it still not be conformed by microsoft... the only console that will be relesed is PlayStation 4. by sony allrady seed that will be on 2012-2013
but i will still like a Xbox 720.............................

Status
Not open for further replies.