Videos keep crashing on windows 8.1 and even after clean install of windows 10

Qb9

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
I was using Windows 8 since it's launch, upgraded to 8.1 and then to 10.

5 months or so ago when I was on 8.1, I started having this problem of video files played on any media player (tried MPC & VLC) would crash suddenly. I thought a clean install would fix it but didn't bother to do it at the time cause windows 10 was around the corner.

So Windows 10 came out yesterday and I upgraded to it then immediately clean installed it, and I was shocked when my Media Player Classic crashed today multiple times and I need your help to troubleshoot and resolve this problem. I'm just guessing now that it maybe a hardware problem, and I don't know which one...

My PC's specs are as follows:

ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION (0801)
Intel i7 4930K @4.4 GHz
4*8GB G-skill TRIDENX
2*GTX TITAN BLACK SLI
SAMSUNG SSD 840 PRO
WD HDD 2TB Green
WD HDD 6TB RED

the below link has the dxdiag and 2 consecutive error reports for the crash.

http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiagcrashreports

The crash itself happens in 2 different ways, sometimes the video would freeze while the sound still plays and when i exit full-screen mode it would crash and the little crash window comes up. and sometimes it would be playing just fine, but the moment i exit full-screen the video itself freezes while the sound still plays and I wouldn't be able to close the app normally and I have to end the process.

This is basically my problem, does any one has an idea of what's going on, or at least can help me troubleshoot for a solution....

P.S. I cannot seem to recreate the problem whenever I need, it just randomly occurs, and sometime will just keep happening to a point where I lose my cool....

Qb9

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

I already have K-Lite installed. I had this problem with 8.1, but not from the begging. It started later on and I'm not sure why. I just assumed a clean install will resolve the problem, but I planned on doing it after windows 10 is released, and so I did, just to find out that the problem persists and it's killing me :(

I tried VLC and it has the same problem, but VLC crashes and self-closes when it happens, it does not freeze.