Viewing 3D Pics from single lens camera

jimlau

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
i have the panasonic lumix dmc zs19. it creates 3d pics by taking many and combining 2 of them.

can i see these pics with 3d glasses on a tv or computer, or do i have to have a 3d tv?

thanks.

Solution
If you read page 161 you will see that if the 3D images are displayed on a 2D TV the images may appear side-by-side. If that is the case with your TV then yes, you would need the glasses. Have you tried displaying the 3D images on either a TV or computer to see. what you get?
If you read page 161 you will see that if the 3D images are displayed on a 2D TV the images may appear side-by-side. If that is the case with your TV then yes, you would need the glasses. Have you tried displaying the 3D images on either a TV or computer to see. what you get?

Solution

To view 3D pictures, you need a 3D TV. It's that simple. Says so right there in the manual. The camera uses standard HDMI 3D protocols, so like kenrivers said, if your TV is incompatible it will likely appear side -by-side, because the TV doesn't know what to do with the 3D image.

jimlau

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

see my confusion - i got 2 different answers. i've been told you csan see 3d on a 2d. currently i see 2 images side by side, but i thought 1 can use some kind of viewer, or alternatively, 1 can also use software to merge them into an image that you can see with those red/blue glasses. just was asking in case someone here had insight into what is workable.

thanks.

You can't, that's not a feature of your camera. Some computers can do it, and youtube can be set to do that, but not your camera, it's not in the manual.